Background Image

Early Hint For Minimum Requirements

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by bezkenobi, Jun 2, 2014.

1. The Big Bear TheBear Subordinate

No
  2. Dark Knight Dark-Knight Nickname Change

:(
  3. Bladerunner Bladerunner777 Well-Known Member

Don't worry, many people have the same problem. I'll have to upgrade my rig seriously to be able to play EC but hey, it's better to spend the money this way rather than in the pub (did I really say that :eek:?)
    0SSIFRAGE and krage like this.
  4. Well, network programming is probably harder in the sense you can't trust the result as often. For most parallel operations you can trust the CPU to eventually succeed (otherwise it is clearly stated when it will not).
  5. Krage Krage Prefectus

I love that you guys are going for a new age tech requirement instead of keeping the minimum super low and hamstringing the potential of the game.

To those with low end or old computers, I know it sucks but now there is a legit reason to save up and upgrade, there is plenty of time! Build your own desktop and it will be wayyyyyy cheaper than buying a prebuilt gaming rig.

6. We have to do it once every 4 to 8 years anyway; Good an excuse as any I suppose.
    Bladerunner and krage like this.
  7. Njal Bjornson Active Member

I'm glad you guys agree with my line of thinking. Traded in my old HP, old Xbox 360, 1/2 my old games. Took a bit from my savings andddddddd ....
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k
    GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB
    Mother Board - MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150
    CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO
    RAM - G.Skills Ripjaw X series (2 x 4GB)
    Storage - Western Digital 1TB 3.5 7200RPM
    PSU - Corsair 600W 80+
    Case - Cooler Master 912 HAF ATX Mid Tower
    Total - $1046.89 USD

Really happy with what I bought, I have it built up today and I'm downloading Planetside 2 right now. Hope to see what this bad boy - budget build can do. I have the HDMI hooked up to my TV, and a wireless Keyboard and mouse.
    I hope to upgrade to a nice monitor, new mechanical keyboard, and a above par gaming mouse by launch. Any suggestions on the peripherals?
    Anyways this is def not the monster bad @$$ build that everyone would want but I traded and put away for EC and I'm kinda proud. Anybody else have builds that they have done/want to do?
    Hosk, larrs and Krage like this.
  8. Revenlear Revenlear Subordinate

Lol, this is almost the exact same build I build myself for EC, apart from the OC potential :D
    larrs likes this.
  9. Ossi 0SSIFRAGE Pioneer

I wonder if crossfired cards will have a fit with this game...
  10. Njal Bjornson Active Member

Hell yeah bro, heres to us!
    Revenlear likes this.