Background Image

Dust, snow, and steel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The-Forge-Dragon, Sep 19, 2017.

?

What do you want the terrain of the new or a new map to be?

1. Sand/Dirt

2. Snow

3. Mud

4. Industrial

5. Grasslands

6. Craggy, rocky terrain

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Chaos Warcamp or Chaos Fortress. Grim dark and only lit by eldritch lights of the Warp.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

A Chaos Warp Portal on Arkhona could corrupt an entire region or hemisphere of the planet. Entire cities and landscapes from various regions of time and space could be transported to Arkhona via an open Warp Portal.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIJnqwyZawc
  2. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

Hm. An interesting thought looking at some of Njord's posts. A map that transitions from Arkhona to another location via warp portal. For example a hold the line map where you fight at a snowy mountain, A is in the mountain, B is in front of a chaos portal against a mountain wall, and C is through the warpgate in a totally new environment. Maybe something with lava. Some clever level design tricks and it should be possible. Could be infantry only too.
    Binthor and Doomness1000 like this.
  3. I can see it now; jungle map OP, xenos can clip inside bushes/ are green. Marines too stupid to throw servo skulls everywhere.

I could go for a woodland map, if there were destructible trees.
    Corie likes this.
  4. A lava landscape ala "Tor Anroc" from Warhammer Online. The entire map is located inside a subterranean cavern.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uNf6QXj-F8
    Man do I miss my Goblin Shaman.

The Adeptus Mechanicus of and the Adepts of Mars have forges located atop, inside and/or around lava flows. These facilities harness energy, heat, and any other resources they can extract from the lava flows so it's certain plausible that there would be a similar Mechanicus installation or Forge located on Arkhona. We have lava landscapes to some degree already in some maps. I'm assuming those landscape assets can be reused?
    Corie likes this.
  5. Nudu Nudu First Blood!

Any map from space marine, or at least a city map that looks like something, i'm not sure what makes the maps in that game look so good. Something about textures maybe or just the layout.

But if i would let my imagination run wild i would say a linear bridge map in a huge city so that you can look down and see the city streets far below an skyscrapers far above reaching the clouds. The bridge would be full of debris and sandbags and ammo crates and barbed wire and craters and cover made from scrap. Game mode would be just capture points with 3 points and the middle one starting neutral. There map could be tried with and without tanks.
    Corie likes this.
  6. Nathan did mention PvPvE once at least. Could someday see a Tyranid corrupted map.
  7. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

Holy shit I miss Warhammer Online, Age of Reckoning.

Even in its unfinished state it was so much more completed than Eternal Crusade.

With actual open world fully persistent Realm vrs Realm combat from Tier 1 to 4 with epic keep sieges that went on for HOURS, none of this timer or ticket crap just full on WAR!
    Urtuah-Jibblies likes this.
  8. Covi Doomness1000 Recruit

There was a map like that in the game quake wars. It was a really fun map in my opinion.
  9. Saphirone Water_Snake Steam Early Access

At the very core in 40k, marines are stupid enough to paint themselves on screaming colours and cover themselves with FLASHY BITZ, no matter the battlefield, you will just spot big moving mass of colour in the greenland.
    The only chapter that does be careful, use camouflage by painting their armors differently are the Raptors, even the Raven Guard that make a high use of stealth does not do this very often while it's the base of the Raptors tactica.

[​IMG]
  10. Dharchaon81 Dharchaon81 Arkhona Vanguard

I appreciate the industrial, snowy look.
    But the dry out grass-land is even interesting.
    For sure, new assets wont come soon, but I like to get a snippet of all rest maps and how they might look like.

Honour your WH-Online pictures, love this game a lot.
    For all who want to re-visit the old world .... https://www.returnofreckoning.com/
    ...WAR never ends...