Background Image

Durability-loss at clang should depend on what weapons are used.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zael, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Thats hilarious , beating retards that dont autolock and beating the best players that dont is not the same
    Implying that rollex takes less skill than autolock is utterly stupid
    The great majority of the community cant rollex properly , no one , NO ONE , isnt capable of holding autolock like a mindless retard , just look at any of those melee mains : lockon activated 24/7 even when not in fight , no usage of pistol , spamming randomly melee attacks like a mindless automaton,rushing the ennemy head on ...
  2. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

You realise you can aim where the guy will be... right .. if he is moving .. just like how you have to aim with non hitscan weapons.
    Melee even has a nice AOE effect so your aim doesn't even need to be true.

When im fighting melee with non lock I visualise the aoe and strike when I think i'll score a hit.
    You can even predict rolls and aim where you guess he will exit his I frames.

You complain about the launch getting you stuck in a direction..
    But it also makes you go forwards allot with an area effect at the end .

I can tell you from experience in doing this that for instance the vertical aoe slash of a HA doesn't even align properly with the crosshair.
    [​IMG]
    I would have missed that if i'd have used lockon.
    That's why I turned it off.

You can use that to your advantage and play around that.

You'l have a lot more success in melee as a tactical that way.. since they usually don't lock on cos of bolter.
    Krayt likes this.
  3. Kharn KharnVarus Eternal Battles Moderator

Why the fuck would anyone hold autolock constantly? You flicker it on and off depending on the situation. People who DO keep it on constantly are hindering themselves more than anything. That's why the people who "main melee" and do that; usually do terrible at melee.

I do know that you need to track your targets to increase the efficiency of your attack. That's not the point however, I'm talking about the fact that melee would be a lot better if you could redirect your attack mid-way through it. Think of Chivalry Medieval Warfare or Verminide 1/2. you can start swinging and redirect your attack all the way up until the end of the swing. You can't do that in EC.

I'm uncertain whether or not this is just a feature of autolock, or the redirection of attack exists in EC but requires a wide arc of mouse movement - but autolock can indeed redirect your attack in the right direction. Sometimes. In that gif you sent I'm about 80% certain that you would have been just as sucessful with autolock as you were without it. That is the only reason why I claim autolock holds any place in EC - because EC lacks what I mentioned that games like CMW and VT2 don't.

Also Krayt Rollex is literally just rolling back/sideways (depending on the situation) and continuing to shoot. Anyone who isn't a total scrub can do that. Basing your claims off of the EC community (which we both know is not the best in terms of skill) is not making your argument stronger.
  4. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

nah when peeps walk perpendicular from you like that and using heavy attack you will mostlikely miss that shot.
    Auto aim, aims till the point the launch fires after that your on your own going forward uncontrollable.
    and the guy will still be going to the side. and HA has more of a vertical slash aoe slightly to the side .. not a horizontal aoe that's almost your 180 frontal arc like Fast attack has.

If i'd used FA I would have made contact with melee lock for sure tho thanks to the wider cone.
  5. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Why would they ? Idk maybe because melee only appeal to the worst players? Thraxxux zathral old deathwish njord ect ... all "notorious"melee players , all holding down 24/7 lock on because without it they wouldnt be able to do shit

And no rollex is the action of crouching before rolling to bypass the standing animation so you can do any action sooner

Your point was that lock on was required to play melee , which is awfully wrong , lock on is a garbage mechanic for the casual players that cant even mouve their mouses , it was made for the console release but stayed in the pc version because melee was garbage and needed a crutch so the average scrublord could do something with it , if you really think that playing melee without lock on is impossible then git gud
    Atsidas likes this.
  6. Kharn KharnVarus Eternal Battles Moderator

I never said lock on is required to play melee. I said lockon makes melee EASIER if you know how to use it right and not just keep it on constantly.

And yes you just described what rollex is in a differnt wording from mine, what was the point in that? My point there stays.
    Grammaticus_John likes this.
  7. Eagle 11 Eagle_11 Well-Known Member

lets remove clang entirely instead. \o/
    Atsidas and Krayt like this.
  8. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Your point still is wrong , rollex isnt in any way easier than autolock , and i didnt worded it differently , i explained clearly what it is and does which you didnt
    Atsidas likes this.
  9. Kharn KharnVarus Eternal Battles Moderator

Keep telling that to youself. I guess it makes you feel bettter to think rollex takes skill.
    Grammaticus_John and Krayt like this.
  10. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Takes about as much skill as hitscan main weaponry does..
    Grammaticus_John likes this.