Background Image

Durability-loss at clang should depend on what weapons are used.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zael, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Doge TheAngryDoge Active Member

You throw rock (light attack) I throw paper (d-bash). Paper > Rock.
  2. Doge TheAngryDoge Active Member

Because it is an AV weapon. Its effectively garbage in AI unless you can catch someone completely by surprise much like the Lascannon.
    Atsidas likes this.
  3. Krooza Nob Bozz KroozaNob Well-Known Member

Honestly? Just make the powerfist works as it used back in the day, BUT only available for vets.

Also, while we are at it, actually introduce a mechanic to use vet more than once per match.
    ruititadiogo likes this.
  4. Katon Katon Confessor

i like clang system but i wish some sort of tweak. example: if the two weapons clanging are not equal tier, the lower tier player lose health/armor, losing more health/armor if the tier differene is bigger. That way the moment you clang 2 or 3 times with a knife vs power maul or power fist you are dead or if having more armor/health "trinkets" you not die but get stunned with pretty low health. that way you can please melee and ranged, giving melee a better chances against ranged and a chance to the ranged aswell to manage the fights and not just spam fast attacks to clang, and even with that mechanic you can buy time for a teammate helping you or die while trying.
  5. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

^truth, PF is the most frustratingly inconsistent weapon in an entire system of inconsistent awkward-ness.
  6. Popoolo ruititadiogo Steam Early Access

This does not work as intended because some abusers now how to avoid the d-bash with a rollex so the mechanic is not working the all melee thing does not work. The loss of durability should be allot faster for knifes. And if we talk about some exploits were you see the enemies flying to you with a jump of 100 meters...then they do 3 rollex and speed faster than eldar...and then more 3 rollex...just see the ganmeplay of 1 AEON wolf dude.
  7. Viking Vking Arkhona Vanguard

do you actually understand what rollex means? Or is ist just a buzzword you heard somewhere that you throw around whenever you dont understand whats happening?
    Atsidas, Kjall and Krayt like this.
  8. Doge TheAngryDoge Active Member

I-frames in a roll is not rollex.

Because the Fist is an AV weapon. In fist's cast, HA counters Roadkill. Like Lascannons, Melta, and Rokkits, you're not going to win a straight brawl with them but if you catch someone by surprise you can take them out before they can do much.
  9. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

By your logic:
    Its av so it sucks in melee to balance that out.
    Than splain me why it costs 100 more Lp than a power sword than ?

By this balancing reasoning of giving something something but than also taking something away to balance it out should mean every weapon in the game should also cost the same LP.

Its also true for plasma gun.. if its balanced to not out class the bolter then why tf is it more expensive in LP compared to the bolter ?

I've said this before and i'll say it again.
    The Lp system is horse shit.

Everything is balanced to be the same yet the Lp system does not reflect this at all.
    Should just remove it and let ppl equip whatever the heck they want in their slots . since its all Balanced ..

right ?
    Thraxus and ruititadiogo like this.
  10. Popoolo ruititadiogo Steam Early Access

For real dude why would any abuser do a roll when they can do a rollex that gives you 1 sec more of imunnity=?