Background Image

Durability-loss at clang should depend on what weapons are used.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zael, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Exactly. You can't complain about one thing beeing too usefull while promoting that your stuff should take that place.

Of course, you can, but that makes you an idiot
  2. Eagle 11 Eagle_11 Well-Known Member

Durability loss at parry should be amplified using melee weapon tier difference, higher tier causing more loss of durability versus lower tier.
  3. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

you know those mechanic's where tried but than people cryed a foocking river about it till it got changed

its all in the core mechanic's of the game from like 3 years ago.

unstoppable attacks . breaking shit. stager frames stuns the works..it was all here together with bigger fuel JPA's and actually working slam attacks
    it all got changed
  4. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

Yet it's been perfectly fine that the Bolter's toxic reign of dominance continues to go un-checked for 2 years and counting (yes it's still not fixed and I doubt it will before the game fully dies) in it's ridiculously OP state killing the game one bolt round at a time.

Meanwhile these same crutchlords whinged so loudly they got the Fist nerfed (and everything else that's not Tac centric) so hard the Fist literally became a meme of awkward, inconsistent ineffectiveness while their cheasymode lmb spam fest continues to hammer the last nail in EC's coffin.

Yeah good job!
  5. The Bolter itself is fine my dude, especially after the RoF has been nerfed. It's class mechanics and abuses that made it so dominant and meta. First was the Bash-Gundown (fault was in the stun-animation that took too long) then the scope-accuracy bug, then rollex and many more. It's not the bolter, it's exploits

And now vent all that hot air in your head and come back down on the ground to us regulars that want a balanced game, cause you sound like you want it the other way around. Like "Now melee should be op for 2 years, to show it those damned dirty ranged-classes" is a valid argument
    (Hint, it's not!)
    Fangz, MyrkkyTiikeri and Krayt like this.
  6. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

So it's ok for Ranged to continue to murder our game for another 2+ years then. Fantastic.

Come on man Melee was never going to get a fair deal everybody knows that. If they did Ranged would run crying to the next carbon copy brainless shooter clone out there (and there's a lot of them!)
  7. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

@Thraxus I am mostly trying to stay out of this debate but you keep going on about how ranged is 'killing the game' when it's simply not accurate.
    No doubt I enjoy playing melee but I very much do not enjoy playing against melee (regardless of whether I am on a ranged- or melee-class myself). The simple fact of the matter is that any, enemy team composed primarily of melee- or heavy players (and it happens, occasionally) is inherently very unfun to play against and will result in highly frustrating and one-sided matches.

On the other hand I am enjoying every, single duel against a strong Tactical, whether I win or lose. There is a certain art in playing as- and against them whereas melee is mostly down to starting distance and luck.

And this is not like my opinion alone. What new players most frequently complain about is melee. It's always melee! (or faction-balance or Abbaddons Grace). If we had a framework that promotes fun, skilled and fair melee-gameplay, I would love to see more of it and I don't think that is entirely out of reach either. But until then, the tac-meta is about the most healthy state the game can be in. We will get rid of airbursts- and rollex now which will decrease the really high killscores by a lot but it will stay the most efficient archetype and that is a good thing.
  8. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

Yeah it's an ugly mess I don't blame you. And yes I'm pissed off that Ranged have done this to our game. But anger is a useful emotion, I'm not just gunna give up and let them have their easy life till they drive this game into the ground and the gates of EC close for good.

If it wasn't for people like me speaking out against this ever enduring Ranged hand-holding tyranny we wouldn't be looking at these much needed exploit fixes that we are today because they'd still be considered "mUh sKilL" , all we'd have is an empty lobby Bolter loadout simulator.

Oh wait, isn't that what we currently have? Guess I didn't fight hard enough for this game to be fair and balanced for all. But Ranged had to have their cheasymode crutch fest and their all that matters right.

It's certainly how the devs have been treating this game from day one with Ranged as the primary core mechanic and Melee as an after thought duct taped to the side with wet tissue paper.

Ranged has been killing this game for years with their cheesy bugged out mechanics crying for every class to be nerfed and crying harder for buffs in return.

They finally got what they wanted though so good job on that one right.
    ruititadiogo likes this.
  9. Doge TheAngryDoge Active Member

Said this before on this subject but fist is an AV weapon. Its about as useful in a direct firefight as a Lascannon is.
  10. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

Then how come a single knife is capable of stopping this overpowered one-shot weapon?

The knife should be a weapon, not a shield.
    ruititadiogo likes this.