Background Image

Dream Bolter for UltraMarine

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by PrplHze, May 13, 2017.

1. Eavydakka Khaernakov Subordinate

This is extremely informative, thanks a lot for sharing this with us Noah!
    Tior likes this.
  2. Lutherian Lutherian Subordinate

It shouldn´t your mock ups can serve as a guide towards what kind of skins people like to see. These seem easy enough to make, that should be short work for bE.

By all means, I´d like to see more of this. Why not search through some art and see if you can replicate it or take some inspiration from it ?
    NoahWard likes this.
  3. PurpleHaze PrplHze Steam Early Access

All these are based off paint jobs on Models or, using the assets from the EC game folder to create all this. I think ive only had to make 2 assests myself, that wasnt a total drag-drop and blend it in. All of them are bodied on existing bolter frames. Only thing here in the list that messes these up to be art they can use, is the improper size. Since im having to use the load-out icons as a base. Never really wanted to be concidered as a workshop type thing. Just trying to say, that we as a community would pour money into this for bolters that look more "Space Marine" or at least is more personalized for a chapter.

For me, its like...that list had to be followed so they could make deathwatch armor,..and its...1 icon used 3 times...a Apothocary helm with the side light removed. Just not very thrilling to know. Id rather just had him tell me good work...looks nice. This makes me wanna set my computer on fire to delete EC.
    ProteusVM likes this.
  4. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

Appreciate the details.

Not gonna lie though, it's no wonder development has been so slow at times and items aren't coming out as fast if you have to go through those 13 steps every time.

Surely there's a way to do something like this faster, I mean, it's already ridiculous that GW has to greenlight everything that goes into the game as that 100% directly impacts your revenue stream, but for something as simple as bolter skins to go through those 13 steps... it is a wonder the game even got as far as it has.

You're not even making a new asset, simply CTRL+C and CTRL+V the existing bolter asset files into a new folder, rename it Bolter2 or whatever and change the texture maps (diffuse, spec, normal, etc.) to look like a new skin, something like that surely can't take a delay of 13 steps during which you have to wait for approval, right?
    PrplHze likes this.
  5. -WCA-Vola Talron Steam Early Access

@NoahWard So in theory if you could get someone to fill that position then all would be okay?
  6. Noah Ward NoahWard Game Designer

I said don't get discouraged at the end though!
  7. I want this tiny script on my Dark Angel armor...especially options for shoulder pads, legs and backpack.
  8. Diz iz proppa dakka knot ya gurlin ohva meh bolta skinz ya lisard gitz
    [​IMG]
    Tior and PrplHze like this.
  9. PurpleHaze PrplHze Steam Early Access

@NoahWard

Its alright, really. Just have to see our point of view. Where we're told..in "twitch" "Oh, these only take 3mins to make" or told that reskins of existing models is a much faster pipeline to get things in the game. But thats not the case from what your saying. We get conflicting info depending on who your talking to at the time, or depending on what time you heard it. Kinda like with these solo campaigns, and at the beginning we was told that each faction would get a new Steam DLC pack and it would be on-sale for that week, and go to a normal price afterwards. Orks got their pack, Chaos....got rehashed with 10k rtc for 25$,..LSM rehash pack...Or how about the new bundles in the In-game store? That's whats aggravating on our end, is don't know when its true or not...or for how long? At this point im not mad at anyone but myself for liking shooters & warhammer 40k..puts me in a place where i love yet hate this game. And, I've put 300+ Hrs in, at this point ain't no turning back.

(I mean i wish i could just be a normal player, and not worry about all this. But thats not me,..its a cellphone.#LikeABoss)
    [​IMG]
    Mk2 Cawl-Pattern
    Cyberjankie and ProteusVM like this.
  10. I really like your Bolt gun mock-ups, but isn't the new MkII Cawl pattern a little bit longer (1.5x the size of a normal boltgun from beginning of the grip towards the muzzle)? And it anyways is only for Primaris Space Marines (and thus heresy).

EDIT: after comparing it a little bit closer I see that you added some length to it, but it still looks like a normal bolter and not this new abomination (sorry I am really not a fan of the new lore since the invention of uber-uber-humans with longer bolt guns...a rushed step forward in lore will always feel cheap compared to decades growth of existing lore)