Background Image

Dreadnoughts In Eternal Crusade

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by choppa92, Jan 31, 2014.

1. gettozachoppa choppa92 Subordinate

Hey guys I don't know if you've all seen the space marine dread game play but just thought id post it in the hope that you agree with me, when I say that eternal crusade dreadnoughts should look and feel similar in there movements

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVIOUHILQj8

link to some dread gameplay
    Algernon and Karrgoot like this.
  2. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

I'd rather not have Dreadnoughts that literally can't die so i suggest not giving them health regeneration, perhaps shield regeneration but not health.
  3. I don't know how they are going to put dreadnoughts into this. Because a dreadnought is a space marine how is nearly dead.
  4. KillSlim KillSlim Prefectus

Dreadnoughts would be a nice addition. They're a good inter-medium support choice for infantry. Especially Venerable dreadnoughts, those things rock in TT.

Doesn't make dreadnoughts irrelevant.

Techmarines and Warpsmiths would be the answer here, which they would be for any vehicle that needs repairs. Perhaps a perk or equipment item which gives very slow health regeneration, so that the dreadnought is not an unstoppable killing machine. Same would be good for other vehicles.
    Golokopitenko and XavierLight like this.
  5. Blackmane New Member

Perhaps a dreadnought would be useful as a hero class, which is nigh-on unstoppable, but has only finite usability.

For instance every 10,000 kills (a number pulled from the air), you get access to one dreadnought use, which expires as soon as you, the dreadnought, dies.

It should be quite a feat to take down a dreadnought and it should only be achieved by squad + strength and even then it should be a bit cheeky!!

Just my take on it!
  6. KillSlim KillSlim Prefectus

I'm not keen on the killstreak idea. Something as important as a dreadnought should be accessible to everyone, and not be dependant on how many kills you get in one sitting. You're also accidentally punishing support orientated roles like Apothecaries, who will be focused on healing and reviving over combat.
  7. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

I'd have to agree with this. Techmarines (and variants) should be able to repair stationary vehicles (would stop a Techmarine constantly healing a Dread on a charge) to recover their health.

While the Dreadnought in SM wasn't unkillable, they were near impossible to solo. A Dreadnought backed up by a good team was damn hard to take down at times, often because those defending it would take out priority targets before the Dreadnought hit the regen cut-off points (health was divided into thirds, once it dipped past 66% and 33% it couldn't regen higher.) That said, a good team attacking the Dreadnought could take it down pretty quickly.
    Algernon likes this.
  8. gettozachoppa choppa92 Subordinate

not saying it should be as powerful as it is in space marine however the animation and general feel of the dreads fitted well in the space marine game. In my opinion the dread should be maybe half as tough as it is in space marine however should be customizable for example maybe dual power fists for a furiouso or missile launchers etc same could go for eldar wraithguard and ork killacans.
    Matsukovich and Ragansi like this.
  9. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

Half as tough but make it immune to boltgun fire for example, Lascannons, missile launchers and meltabombs should be the only things that really counter a dreadnought.
    JudgeDeath and Ragansi like this.
  10. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

Thunder Hammers, Melta Guns and Power Fists/Chain Fists too.
    Ragansi, RogalDorn and Sanguinius like this.