Background Image

Dont execute your enemies.

Discussion in 'New Player Tips & Training' started by MolitvaVoina, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Only you know the answer to that.....Im not trying to get into your sick mind >.>
  2. DoomJester DoomJester Arkhona Vanguard

So if we are talking there’s a minute left in the game and you have the opportunity to cap the point and still win, but there this guy to execute, yeah, common sense says don’t execute.

Now let’s take some other game where you’re halfway through, you’re randomly defending a point, you’ve a few allies around, some guy flies in and dies and you go over to execute him, perfectly fine.

In the end, simply use common sense or accept the fact you may have killed yourself by trying to execute the worm on the ground, guy who complains about them executing, A, it’s a game, it’s not as if the world end when they executed that guy there, but I will not deny, they could’ve possibly cost everyone else 500 points or whatever for winning, but they only lost out on 400.
  3. Always place the team before yourself. Do that and no one can blame you for anything. That and people tend to be much nicer to you....Or maybe its just me.
  4. In all honesty, executing isn't tactically a good move unless you really can't be arsed to shoot someone who is 100% alone on a zombie beacon. It just feels 40k, so I don't grudge people doing it when the area is clear.

Not in the middle of a firefight, not when the point is contested and ideally not while your heavies are being shutdown by melee or someone needs healing and you're a support. Other than that? Do it. Even better, do it with your knife. Blood for Khorne and all that.
    MolitvaVoina likes this.
  5. DoomJester DoomJester Arkhona Vanguard

I can’t claim to put as much faith in people as you do, not to say everyone is a scumbag who doesn’t care if you do the right thing, the nice thing, and so on, but at the end of the day we are talking about a fleeting, fictional environment where you can do things with little to no hard hitting consequence and almost nothing that you can’t make up and recover from if willing and able to invest the time to make it so.

You can say I’m almost a game nihilist, but still I’ll choose not to kill random enemies or I’ll do everything I can to save character a through z, why, well it’s b/c I see it as the right thing to do at that moment. Never should my perspective on a game and how to play it be used as a format for how others should play, in other words, people should make their own choices, whether that’s listen to yourself, listen to me, not listen at all, considering they have a greater freedom of choice in games they should exercise it and they should experience the consequences.

All in all, good to note for those who are unaware it puts you at a tactical disadvantage, but the best way to learn is by doing.
    MolitvaVoina likes this.
  6. Could not have said it better myself.
    DoomJester likes this.
  7. The one guy who executes the enemy when your downed right next to him and have no hp left.....smh
  8. To be fair, sometimes they are trying to revive you but it puts them over at the next guy to .exe. it's happened to me a few times. Tried picking a friend up but exe. a downed enemy. Best to crawl away from others so you're not on top of each other.
    MolitvaVoina likes this.
  9. Covi Doomness1000 Recruit

It's happened to me too, and I always feel horrible because while you can stop reviving someone by just letting go of they key, you can't stop executing someone of your own accord (like Khorne himself takes control). So you just sit there watching your teammate bleed out, probably screaming curses into his monitor at you.

On the one hand I really wish I could cancel an execution so that I can avoid this problem.

On the other hand I often crawl as in-the-way as possible when I'm downed behind enemy lines so that they can't revive the guy I downed as easily. Probably a dick move, but dang it I want that kill to stick even if I did only take one down with me (Note: this very seldom works, but when you're downed with nothing else to do...)
    MolitvaVoina likes this.
  10. That or shoot the enemy. Better to be done with it and not risk hitting the key on the wrong guy.