Background Image

Doing Word Bearers Justice

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by TheWarpsmith, May 15, 2017.

1. Slayer88 Recruit

You could easily make the Rubric Marines work 100% exactly like Tactical Traitor Marines and no one would care.

The Legions ARE NOT Legions, they are color schemes. You wouldn't have Rubric Marines, Khorne Berserkers, Noise Marines, or Plaguemarines, you'd just have the color scheme of that faction.
  2. Viktor Aramorae TheWarpsmith Well-Known Member

Which is vastly inappropriate. By that mindset Space Wolves should not have a Wolf Priest unit including it's own weapon and yet it does because it is intended to be lore-appropriate

Saying "no one would care" is a majorly poor assumption
  3. Slayer88 Recruit

If Chaos was intended to be lore appropriate like they should and like loyalists are than I'd agree. But as it stands right now, the Legions offer nothing except for a color scheme. If you were a CSM using the Thousand Sons scheme you would not be a Rubric Marine and therefore there would be no need to complain.

The problem is that loyalists have lore reasons to back up their chapters, CSMs have nothing backing up their Legions. The Legions are completely cosmetic and are really nothing more than a color choice.

There is quite a big difference between a World Eater's Chaos Space Marine with the Mark of Khorne and a Khorne Berserker. Currently, you can play as an Iron Warrior Traitor Assault and use the Mark of Khorne, but you aren't a Khorne Berserker, not even with the helmet and the chainaxe.

In your theoretical world you are correct and I agree with you, but in the current state of the game Thousand Sons could be added without affecting balance at all. It's just color and there is no justifiable reason to complain about not being a Rubric Marine when the rest of the Legions are not related to the lore. That's purely a loyalist feature, as it stands today, and cannot be compared. Chapters =/= Legions in EC.
  4. Viktor Aramorae TheWarpsmith Well-Known Member

...hence me making the thread in the 1st place to push for Chaos getting the lore-appropriate treatment rather than being color swaps...
  5. Slayer88 Recruit

Well it was derailed by one of the responses which I responded to and then we entered this discussion.

I agree with you, though, that our lore should be taken more seriously and they should put more effort into featuring it.
  6. MAniACK_Magee Steam Early Access

Give us special classes at the end of the advancement tree that let us play as the god-specific legion and class. Like at the end of the Khorne tree you can unlock the Bezerker, Thousand Son Rubricae and Sorcerer at the end of the Tzeentch tree, Plague Marine at Nurgle and Noise Marine at Slaanesh. Change the aesthetic of the model to be the Legion that that class is from (World Eater, Emperor's Children, ect.)
  7. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

They might not have the licences to be able to use those tho.
    From what i've heard in one of them devs streams it ain't cheap to buy licences from GW.
  8. You're right.

The truth hurts.
  9. Only the space wolves have some custom unit all other chapter are lacking any true flavour.
    Btw Legion disappear in the fluff almost as soon as Horus is killed, i guess you are talking about warband...

That's a fucking good idea!

How pityful you are in your whining against LSM...
    The thruth has nothing to do with LSM biased devs, just a fucking reallity of GW licence far to expensive and their right to block your work if they don't like it.
    Furthermore the possessed marine wouldn't be shit if melee was working as intended as are all melee unit (but i have to admit they miss some things with him and most surely a second weapon).
    For the LotD graphical assets are the same as normal marines with a paint joib and the fire DoT effect. The bolter is the same

And i would love to see Rubrics marines, after killing your sorcerer see half of the players lost the control of their spawn because too dumb to do something alone (yes rubric marines).

So yes i am in favour of more choice for everybody to customise their character, and have some variety na d vets specific skins. But for fuck sake could you stop whine about the LSM responsability in this?
    Imperator5 likes this.
  10. which is sad coz i would love to have a thousand Sons colour change