Background Image

Does orks really make a use of poison in fluff or tabletop ?

Discussion in 'Orks' started by Water_Snake, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Saphirone Water_Snake Steam Early Access

This is a question that I ask myself since long, one of the moves that I hate from the devs to respond to balance or the "GIVE US MORE SPECIAL GUNS" is to add more weapons with ailments such as fire, and poison.

I don't quite remember the name of the gun, but the painboyz got a pocket slugga that fire poisonous bullets, and I was wondering, are orks known to actually use poisons or to do chemicals stuff in their fluff ? I was wondering if it is really a thing and if so, what kind of poison could it be, especially knowing that it affect Astartes that must be some strong stuff. Maybe because poison is green it's more killy after all.
  2. Spookums MasterSpookums Well-Known Member

It's likely that it's not poisonous to Orks but beneficial. Yet, poisonous to things without an orky metabolism and physiology. It's stated in one of the Rogue Trader rulebooks that Human drugs like Slaught, Obscura and Lho-sticks will either simply not affect Orks, or have entirely different effects on them. Ork blood is also described in some novels as corrosive to some degree, but. I think this is propaganda and not literal, as Eldar blood is also described this way by humans.

The gun it's self may not be firing actual bullets but needle squigs. which are a squig subspecies used effectively as syringes, which can contain practically anything the Painboy wants. I would assume the Sikky Slugga fires these squigs not dakka.
  3. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

I believe snake bites use posion, kommandoz may also use posion fluff wise but idk in table top.
  4. Razmirth Sneaky-krumpin Subordinate

From what I remember no they do not. MAYBE docs had poison on their weapons, but that's it. Don't quote me on that since the last I played was like 8-9 years ago, they may use it now since 8e changes.

But Tamu is right, snakebites are renowned for poison use and resistance, although to the best of my knowledge they've never actually had official rules for orks on the use of poison.
  5. yup, in 7th tabletop, painboys come with urty syringes, a poison 4+ weapon.

in fluff, fukk yea orks use poison, though most of the time its really just painboys testing out ork "medicine" on non-orks. most of the concoctions designed to augment or heal partially fungoid creatures like orks would fundamentally screw up a human if it was injected or inhaled.

at the very least tetanus would be common among most ork weapons, kommandoes in particular are known for smearing their own crap on their blades, both to dull the shine of the blade and cuase wounds to go septic, fast.
    No_1 likes this.
  6. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

The orks have used the fungus that generates from long time spent in enclosed spaces. It can be lethal to other life forms and do next to nothing to orks. Also if it exists orks can use it. So they could easily stumble on a factory with tons of super concentrated toxic waste or harmful chemicals and repurpose that into a weapon. I wouldn't put it past them to make a mobile battle fortress out of a promethium refinery and start making shells full of napalm and toxix goo to hurl at unsuspecting enemies from the main battle kannons.

Now if you mean like dark eldar levels of poison...no I don't think they opperate like that. A mad dok may fill a syringe with random stuff to see what it does but he probably isn't purposely concocting the perfect astartes killing toxin.
  7. Add to the fact the effect the Ork Warp-field has on basically everything they use.
    The Painboy is pretty certain that he made a strong poison, and if the painboy tells other orks about whats in that syringe, they believe too, as he is the painboy and knows what hes doing.

Mabe the Poison itself wouldn't be so deadly at all, but is because of the effect of their Warp-field?
    Based on how strong the Waagh is (and painboys usually accompany bigger waaghs) it could verry well be an astartes killing toxin or even kill Tyranids, who adapt to poison quite quickly usually