Background Image

do you like the new DoW game

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Balthazar_bloodhawk, Dec 19, 2016.

?

do you like the game

1. yes

2. no

3. it's complicated

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. well DoW3 is being developed similarly to a AAA title(somewhat) so it is fair to assume that
  2. Necroledo Necroledo Well-Known Member

Not much can be said without actually playing the game first. For now, I like the promising story (especially at the many hints of Necrons being the big baddies this time), the large scale combat, the physics engine, the new units. I dislike some over-the-top animations, especially certain Terminator flips. I don't really mind the art direction: I've played/watched enough MOBAs and Starcraft 2 to see nothing of it here (that would be lack of physics engine, cartoon outlines on models, simple textures, fantasy-like landscapes); to me it just looks like DoW2 but further zoomed out and with slightly simpler animations... as is needed to have large armies, as many people were asking for since DoW2 was launched.
    AddyRedrum and Galen like this.
  3. b0ink7 Recruit

As a game I'm sure it will be good enough polish and mechanics wise, at least enjoyable enough to complete the single player. I liked starcraft 2, but that doesn't mean i want DoW to become it.

I'll probably get it, play it and enjoy it but it will still be a disappointing direction change.
    AddyRedrum likes this.