Background Image

do you like the new DoW game

Discussion in 'Other GW Licensees' started by Balthazar_bloodhawk, Dec 19, 2016.

?

do you like the game

1. yes

2. no

3. it's complicated

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. i have no confirmed sources but the game is said to be developed on a modified version of the Essence engine ( the engine CoH and DoW2 was developed on ). if so relic should probably release a mod kit

but for me tho, it looks and feels more like UE4
  2. bigcracker bigcracker Arkhona Vanguard

All they had to do was DOW1 size with a DOW2 cover system. They copied Starcraft....

[​IMG]
  3. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

Funny thing is with the exception of terain design all of these aply to TW;W aswell and yet there are people that claim that one is a good game instead!TOP KEKS!
  4. yes that's true
    but points aside that was something the fans been asking for, and considering the scale of everything in the game (combat, number of units, map size, etc) it is fair enough to believe(IMO) developing the game as it did was the best choice made by the developers

as for DoW3 however ( again IMHO ) the problem for me is , i am not saying the development choice for DoW3 is bad but that developers may had a better choices to develop the game on that would appeal to the existing fan base
  5. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

Maybe they believe that the existng fan base is not enough?I mean they wouldnt be the first to do such a step...
  6. yea that's true and i respect that , but that doesn't mean it isn't a dick move by relic
    (cause they are putting far too less attention on the pre-existing fan base of the franchise)
  7. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

I wouldnt call it a dick move.Its just common sence.Selling something that is not complete for example is a dick move.Or taking it apart and selling each of the pieces...ahem TW;W for example.
    AddyRedrum likes this.
  8. yea i understand where you are coming from but i cannot help but be disappointed by relic for ignoring almost everything we say

as for selling something that's not complete, i am pretty sure DoW3 is taking the same direction TW:W did
    starting with only 3 factions (the 4th one is still a rumor and even if there is a 4th faction it definitely going to be a pre-order and get free )
  9. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

Well expansions (like dow 2 had) are not the same as what TW;W did though i prefer dows way than TW;W tbh.
  10. Phalaris of Akragas Phalaris Nickname Change

You mean they will sell use a piece of pizza as the whole pizza?