Background Image

Do not post exploit detail threads. Or link videos.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Asheru, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

I found the idea of an instant ban due to ignorance of the rules to be excessive. I stopped arguing about that once I was informed that warnings would be employed and there was an opportunity to plead for leniency if one were simply ignorant. I found that to be a satisfactory way to deal with it.

But I agree with not spreading knowledge of bugs and instead reporting them to the developers.

If you know enough about the bug to know that you need another person to help you learn about it, you know enough to fill out a report ticket to bE.
  2. TGM Jencent Arch-Cardinal

Kk, fine.
  3. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

: D

Something you might not have considered.

If you're getting your friend to guess how the bug works, then they're going to become aware of how the bug works once they figure it out. This is a form of sharing knowledge that does not revolve around simply telling them.

And you have no idea who they will tell about it. Or who those people will tell about it. Knowledge like this spreads fast.
  4. TGM Jencent Arch-Cardinal

Ya, ya, i get it.
  5. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

Cool. : D

:: huggles :: ^_^
  6. Velamont Velamont Preacher

How the hell devs even missed that bug? A lot of people told that it was detected on test server. BUT NOONE CARES. Trow it on live because what can go wrong, right?! Let's just ban people for devs incompetence.
    omarx likes this.
  7. So why was it that the threads regarding aussie laws got locked? I don't really so how they violated any forum rules and the things written in the threads weren't incorrect.
    Brother-Bardiel likes this.
  8. That has nothing to do with this thread so please stay on topic.
  9. It may not necessarily be on topic but you still haven't answered the question.

Which was why you locked the threads mentioned
  10. If you want to know reasons:

1. It's got nothing to do with the game to talk about laws of Australia. No matter how much you want to argue with me the General Discussion area is for talks about the game Eternal Crusade.

2. Making a post to try and call me out when it can be a Conversation or Private Message.

3. It is a judgement call on the Moderators part as to if posts get to remain up and open or if they get locked.

So that's why the post was locked. If you still don't agree with it you can talk to @KatieFleming as she is the Community Manager and makes the final call on any and all matters related to posts on the forums.
    Forj likes this.