Background Image

DO FERAL BOYZ ACTUALLY WIN ANY GAMES?

Discussion in 'Orks' started by Thrakka, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Thrakka Thrakka Master

I'Z NOT BRINGIN DIS UP TO SOUND ARROGANT! BUT DO FERAL BOYZ WIN AT ALL? ORKS DAT JUST QUE WIFF SMALL GROUPS OF FRIENDS OR JUST SOLO IZ WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT BOYZ! AND IF DA FERAL BOYZ IZ WINNIN WHATS DER WIN RATIO? GIMME SUM NUMBERS LAD I'Z JUST CURIOUS IF WIFF DEEZ NERFS FERAL BOYZ CAN EVEN WIN! DOESN'T SEEM LIKE IT HONESTLY!!!
  2. Not playing often nowadays but I win like 50% of games
    It's hard to win and mostly pure luck but the hard way is the good way!
  3. Aktualee Boss I've seen ferals who win but it moight be hidden groups or sumfing.
  4. Khornatian Khornatian Steam Early Access

Depends on the time of the day. When I am awake and don't go with a warparty, we orks are usually outnumbered for large stretches of the match, making winning rather hard with our already inferior weaponry.

At other times of the day I have seen some stomps from our side though, mostly destroying SM if we have a good amount of veteran players on our side and aren't outnumbered for once. Of course the latter seems to happen far more rarely than the former.
  5. Nobb of Waaagh Nobb_of_Waaagh Well-Known Member

I gave up on orks for now. I really don't care about the winning. I care about the playing. Playing orks just isn't fun. Last time I played as orks, after the nerf, about 25%.
  6. Details Details The Spriteful

it's a pretty rare occurrence, but honestly I can't say if it is more because groups are so significantly organized or more because matchmaking into groups allow to mantain a numerical parity or even advantage over the usually more numerous enemies at the beginning of the match (where squig matters).

I wouldn't even accuse the nerfs to health more than the current meta fueled by not-working melee and unbalanced weapons.
  7. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Just like real orks if a player starts ordering the rest around like a true boss and has true kunning we win. Won a number of games directing a cap trade that gave us the max time boost and left the other side scrambling to try and respond.
    Thrakka likes this.
  8. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Also an ork with ace dakka/plasma deff helps a ton in the right spot. Too many sluggas running around atm. BRING DA DAKKA LADS!!
    Kaptin_Pokkets likes this.
  9. MungFuSensei MungFuSensei Steam Early Access

There is one move, that ork pugs do all the time, and leads to a loss 9 times out of 10. Recapping the first lost point as soon as it falls.

We need to make it common practice to redeploy to the other two points as soon as it flips. The attackers never care about holding it, as they want the time bonuses. Don't spend time taking what the enemy doesn't care about. Prevent him from getting what he wants.

A quick redeploy after that first point falls, and the attackers are playing on your terms the rest of the match.
    SniffSteven, Tenevhrael and Trenchwar like this.
  10. It usually takes a core of veteran players to just krump everyone ded fast and cap shit, or some spontaneous boss, or gitz being too gitty and running around like headless chicken. But it's possible.

And there are, of course, fights like this.
    [​IMG]
    Now, I understand that you're thinking: "If I know LSM, they must've brought at least one PC for each ork", but you'd be completely, absolutely, mind blowingly
    right

I'd say too few.
    [​IMG]]
    We need to make it more choppy!