Background Image

Difference between rocket launcher and dead shiny rocket launcher?

Discussion in 'Orks' started by UniverseBear1, May 3, 2017.

1. UniverseBear1 Recruit

So I've been playing for a couple weeks now and have been going through the 12k supply crates. I got a dead shiny rocket launcher and it looks fucking awesome but it's 100 lp more than the regular rocket launcher and the visible stats are identical. I'm wondering if there is maybe some hidden stats that makes the shiny rocket launcher worth the extra 100lp? I want to use the shiny one but I can't unless there is an actual reason to.

Thanks boyz.
  2. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

The Dead Shiny version shoots much straighter than the normal version, so it's quite a bit more accurate at longer ranges. If you got it, keep it. Trust me, you'll love it in comparison. It's a bloody good gun for us.
    Solei likes this.
  3. Doge TheAngryDoge Active Member

Half a second reload time. Not reflected in tooltips. Though it should be a bigger boom going by proper orky standards.
  4. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

The rokkit wont miss at point blank................As much.
    Karond likes this.
  5. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Also charges faster. So you are actually able to fire shots off without getting interupted.
  6. SakitPerut Steam Early Access

Feels like it simply halves the deviation rate of the rocket veering off the target path.
    Hadn't noticed any reload/charge speed up, but yes it greatly improves the weapon and well worth the lp cost.
    You don't have to be in melee range to hit vehicles anymore.
  7. Imperator5 Imperator5 Well-Known Member

It'z dead shiny ya git, and ya'll know dat dead shiny meanz its got dead killy dakka!
  8. Doge TheAngryDoge Active Member

Timed it. Charges at the same speed (2 seconds) but reloads half a second faster. Deviation is just pure luck. Not as good as a standard rokkit though because every Ork knows Blue is lukky and blue rokkits hit their targets more often for this reason.
    ChicagoTed and BrotherShrimp like this.