Background Image

Difference Between Heroes And Hero Classes

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by Asurael, May 2, 2014.

1. Houman Sadaghiani Houman Well-Known Member

If we have no idea, then why do you think we're taking so much time and putting in so much effort to make a pack that will be well received by the fans, asking for feedback AND changing our plans based on this feedback???
    Asurael likes this.
  2. Asurael Asurael Well-Known Member

Haha, touché. It's true Behaviour is doing its best to make this a great offer and experience, but the Pandora's Box side of this might defy logic. Some people are so against things like "early access", "micro-transactions", and "founders packs" that just the mere mention of them will suffice to keep them away without even troubling themselves to read what its all about.

I have faith in the team and believe you'll put together something great, but for some people that might not be enough =P. You can't make everybody happy, though, so it's not really something to be concerned about.
    Houman Sadaghiani likes this.
  3. Houman Sadaghiani Houman Well-Known Member

Exactly. Too many people have been burned in the past with F2P games, early access, micro-transactions and founder's packs... So, as a player, I 100% understand and empathize with the stated concerns!
    Asurael likes this.
  4. Xicor Xicor Ordinate

thats like saying "the new color scheme that is only available to people who pay for it instills fear in my brethren, causing us to flee instead of fight... this is unfair, so noone should be able to buy colors". it doesnt give an advantage ALL the time, just SOME of the time... but according to you it is still pay to win
  5. well that is what the average killed player will scream ^^
  6. I really don't see whats the drama with "Founders Heroes".
    If you wanna see the implementation of such items in a game, just check "World of Tanks" and their premium tanks, if those tanks didn't have (+50% more XP and silver) modifier not many people would play them. Every one of those tanks has only one statistic thats better than other vehicles of his tier and type, but to balance it other statistics are much worse.

So if we go with same logic, a "founders" hero might have let's theorycraft (+5 armor) than ingame earned hero, but will be slower and carry fewer ammo, or perhaps be able to equip only one type of grenades. So they can be easily balanced for founders to fell they got something for their investment, but still don't be overpowered, and beside, there will be lots of alpha/beta/gama tests and if we learned something, it's that Developers listen to us and our possible concerns.

So calm down, and let the devs do their job!
    Houman Sadaghiani and Savij like this.

7. yea but this game is not going to be balance where ever one is equal, or has equal equivalents for every thing. This game is going to asymmetrical balanced, so you faction very well might not be able x or y, but you can do z and p where there other faction will be rapped in z and p when fighting you but but will most likely curb stomp you in x or y. What you asking for is that every faction can do x, y, z and p equally well, and thats not how this game is going to work or be balanced
  8. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

Dark Angels blend into the forest zones way better than my Blood Angel ?? P2Hue ??
  9. FabricatorGeneral Unbihexium Forum Beta Tester

I wasn't aware color schemes came with their own guns and stat lines.
  10. Angelic Angelic Arkhona Vanguard

Guys, I have to wonder how you're all still stuck on P2W, the Devs actually listen to these concerns and are working like crazy to make sure no one is getting an advantage over anyone else for investing money early.

Going with Zmalamuth and Asurael here, it really doesn't seem like something that warrants 2 pages of discussion on "P2W this and x game that". Trust the devs, I certainly do and i've been burned by the P2W fire more than once.
    Houman Sadaghiani and Asurael like this.