Background Image

@DEVs: Features Which Are Effectively Off The Table

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by 0strum, Jul 7, 2017.

?

Is this thread...

1. halal?

2. haram?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saphirone Water_Snake Steam Early Access

Agreed for the second point. In case to avoid the blank of informations that just made the community's moral get down so hardly.
    Doomness1000 likes this.
  2. Covi Doomness1000 Recruit

I also agree with the second point. It would be really nice to have this even if it's only updated bi-weekly or monthly to let us know what systems are being worked on and perhaps an estimate of what percentage of the system is done
    kotovasy and KidMeatball like this.
  3. Hralius Hralius The 63

@Oveur you mentioned opensource as an alternative to "modable, player generated content", could you elaborate on that ?

Also I have bought big relic packs, had subscription, and have bought additional copies as birthday gifts for friends... but I see a problem, I have a large amount of RTC, so I feel I have no incentive in buying more at the moment, as I have enough RTC for long long period...I dunno' if this is problem for other founders...

In other words, I put a fair amount of money into this game, i'm reluctant to put more, as I don't know the games state in 3,5 or 10 years, will we have the luck that it turns out to be Eve ? ... we will know in the future :)

and as I have RTC plenty there is only 1 reason to have a subscription ; support the game, continual development so on... but would of course feel bummed if i activated a sub, and it then folded... however if it was released as opensource, where communities can run gameservers or something, then the money would have benefited development up to that point of open sourceness, and thus be okay, as opposed to "sorry game is closed, chars are deleted BAM !" I dunno if that is what you mean with opensource.... would also be interesting if the community got together for a crowdfunding campaign to further develop an opensource version.
  4. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

Eternal Crusade (EC) is a part of the ongoing development of the Warhammer 40'000 (40k) intelectual property (IP), which is owned and tightly controlled by Games Workshop group PLC (GW). GW keeps a very, VERY tight grip on content. All content published within EC is approved by them, that's just the way they operate. GW will not allow player created content within EC, I don't know their reasons, but it's the way it is... Behaviour Interactive Inc. (bhvr) merely holds a license for a part of the 40k universe and is not at liberty to allow player created content.

Sorry to dash your hopes, but it's not going to happen mate. At this point bhvr is simply trying to keep the game running while the (admittedly small) development team works on feature systems behind the scenes which will allow for a larger scope of future content.
    KidMeatball and Bugz like this.
  5. [VI] Zeus zZeus Steam Early Access

@Oveur - That #5 post was pretty sweet, thanks for writing it.
    If the remaining EC devs are rigged for systems, then if possible I'd like to see tech demos of these up-and-coming systems in the upcoming twitch stream.
    If it takes too long to build the demos, then get a goddamn whiteboard and lemme see you folks brainstorming in real time or maybe even show us the programmers working on the code and doing voice overs.

I'd MUCH rather have the above - game-focused topics like the WIP systems - as opposed to what we've been having in the past 2 streams - business-focused topics like your marketing strategy for Russia or your stats about RTC transactions and/or playerbase statistics.
  6. Grotduffa Timburwolfe Active Member

You are putting the cart before the horse. GW would likely not allow just any player-created thing to be put ingame, but it would be fallacious to claim that they would not allow any player-created content at all.
  7. Hralius Hralius The 63

player created assets have been proposed many times, and the answer from the devs has always been that they have lots of assets, the bottleneck is integrating it into the game...

That said, player-created content could be submitted for lore coherence/adherence by players, who for example could document that an asset, or elements of an asset also exists "as a"/"on a" GW of Forgeworld model, and therefore is canon... in that way BE and GW would in 90% of cases have "decision data" readily available, can quickly validate player claims, and then approve or disprove the asset.
  8. BlinD BlinD Arkhona Vanguard

Finally some feedback we were waiting for eons.
    As for the "systems" and priority list, I just want to add my 5 cents to this discussion of game features.

What we need is MOTIVATION. And currently this game lacks it much more than everything else.
    Let's forget Termies. It's not a priority now.

But bring in Motivation for players.
    You give mods and weapons to easily. Advancement tree is plain and simple.
    No melee skills. No ranged skills. No sub-faction bonuses and skills. No skins for weapons and armor.

SKINS is so simple to make. Yet we miss that feature.

And make people grind for it. All weapons, skills, skins must be achievable by completing set of objectives in PVP AND PVE.

Creating your own loadout must take months before it's completed.

We miss both, content and motivation for it.
  9. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

I can't say I agree with this. Warframe is an example of a game where the grinding is endless and it does well because of a few factors, but the game essentially pushes you to give them money at every few new warframes and weapons that come out unless you want to give up your old frames and weapons. They also have a full team and no IP holder ever telling them something they do now isn't right and can't be added but fixed later. I'm not saying GW is a main hangup, just that they can't put in something that works mechanically but doesn't look the part anymore. Like if they added meltagun mechanics but the model was just grey and untextured.

But it would be something to work towards, I'll grant you that.
  10. Well Warframe only wants Ninjas, and I am an Imperial Fist, so...

Lol.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.