Background Image

@DEVs: Features Which Are Effectively Off The Table

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by 0strum, Jul 7, 2017.

?

Is this thread...

1. halal?

2. haram?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

OK, first, a big thank you to @Oveur for responding to this thread, I think this can help calm things down a bit. I wasn't even sure there would be a reply to this thread as it was created for the purpose of sharing uncomfortable truths.

Second, I decided to quote this particular sentence because I am sure I am not the only dummy who needs a bit of a simpler explanation.

Are you saying that you and your team are currently plucking apart EC and putting it back together in a modular way, which allows for faster insertion of additional content on multiple different levels in the future, thereby widening the bottleneck on content?

Or have I misunderstood your entire post?
  2. Agreed, I think most people actively playing EC or simply monitoring it in hope of future developments would like to read this.
    Vaanes, Talron and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  3. LOBOTRONUS LOBOTRONUS Arch-Cardinal

@Oveur Thanks for taking the time to write here, it's really appreciated ! :)

BUT !

I'm so sorry I don't believe with anything anymore ! My hope is gonna back and I start believe only when I see new content in the game ! :oops::(
    omarx, Xeltan, kotovasy and 7 others like this.
  4. Katon Katon Confessor

Just /clap for your words Nathan, i hope this game Rises some day, till then i will keep playing

Thanks.
    Oveur and Talron like this.
  5. Demetri Dominov Demetri_Dominov Arkhona Vanguard

The entire Eldar faction is with you @Oveur.
    Shariele, Redthirst, Oveur and 4 others like this.
  6. Lleu Bleiz Active Member

And it's not because we want more customisation :D
    Oveur and Talron like this.
  7. Demetri Dominov Demetri_Dominov Arkhona Vanguard

But we wouldn't complain either. :D
    Oveur, CuCulainn and Iyan like this.
  8. Thanks @0strum for bringing this discussion in a constructive manner. You really deserve your bolt pistol for Devastator/Havoc!

@Oveur thank you for this interesting opinion.

Yet I'm still wondering about one system you didn't mention : campaigns, and world map. This is an important system that deserved its own dedicated SotC and Twitch presentation back when the full production team was reworking the entire game. You also explained, when the first campaign mechanic came out, that it took time to set it up because you had to deal with some architecture stuff. I guess that refers to the "campaign system" so does this system still requires more work to advance on the "road to open world"? What other systems are prerequisites for this? If this system requires more work, how far is it in the list of systems to be dealt with?

Thank you in advance
    kotovasy, KidMeatball, Oveur and 2 others like this.
  9. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

Sounds like "systems" designed for randomized maps or capture points? or maybe some sort of "piece your own map together" system which has limited combinations per map type but still gives variety.

imo that's better than 1 new map every now and then
  10. If so, then i misunderstood it as well, but i would also say, it's to make up for the hasty launch, to make the system modular and accessible, to implement things like cosmetics, new weapons, trinkets and such easier.

And that's a friggin good thing :)
    Stephen likes this.
  11. Viking Vking Arkhona Vanguard

@Oveur thanks a lot for this post. This sounds really good, and I couldnt agree more.

People always talk about new content, new maps, new weapons etc. But I dont think that a new map or a new weapon etc will actually do that much. A new map will be old after 2 weeks, some (a lot) will probably hate the new map for various reasons. Most will cry for a new map after a few weeks again. What this game needs are more interesting mechanics (systems).

I dont even understand why you people want new maps so desperatly. It´s not like it really matters how the map looks. The gameplay is always the same. Look at counterstrike, de_dust is how old now? People still love it. Not saying a new map wouldnt be nice to have, but I prefer gameplay updates.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.