Background Image

Detachments, Need Some Help Understanding

Discussion in 'Table Top' started by acepost, Jun 28, 2017.

1. acepost acepost Active Member

Hi guys, I just read through the core rulebook and have some questions regarding the concepts of having more than 1 Detachment in a Points Battle game.

1. Can a Farseer (or any psyker basically) in a different detachment use buff Psychic Powers on a unit in a different detachment? I would say Yes unless I miss something, as long as the units in the other detachment are <Craftworld> similarly grouped like for example your whole army comes from Iyanden Craftworld.

2. Can a unit which did not select a dedicated transport in the same detachment and belonging to a different detachment borrow another unit's dedicated transport from another detachment? I am discussing this with friends and different people have different views, some say its OK some say Nah, so what gives?

3. What are some cheesy use of command points if you have more than 1 detachment in your army? I usually play 1500 games with borrowed models from my friends... basically I do not have some models so I proxy sometimes.

Please tell me your points of view and support the answer with reference to the rules if you know of any, otherwise I consider it just a friendly opinion, thanks!