Background Image

Desolation

Discussion in 'Fan Art, Cosplay, & Fiction' started by Nomad, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

Are there any Ork resource files you know of? I haven't found any so far.
  2. Nomad Darmadeus Nomad Arch-Cardinal

Did you try SFMlab?
  3. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

Funny soon as I posted that I looked into SFMlab. Think I found a few things to use. Thanks for the suggestion though!

EDIT: My mistake, that wasn't SFMlab. Apparently there are no Ork models available, only Space Marines and Tau.
  4. Nomad Darmadeus Nomad Arch-Cardinal

Might have found something for ya! Check da 2nd post: https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1215082
  5. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

Whoa, lotsa pages to look through! Thanks, I'll see if I can find something useful in here. Appreciate the help!
  6. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

Nice but 9/10 no andraphel in the background punching something. Jokes aside this is awsome.
  7. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

Spoke too soon, seems that link is dead. Looks like it wasn't touched for a couple years. Guess I'll see what I can do using Garry's Mod for now. Thanks for the help though.
  8. There's a way to bring the models from Garry's Mod to SFM, so you're not stuck throwing a ragdoll's bones around until you get what you need.

Quoted from the youtube comments section of the following video
    [SFM] Source Filmmaker Tip of the Day #3: Importing models from Garry's Mod

1. Subscribe to the model you want, and let it download.
    2. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\addons and find the .gma file for the model.
    3. Open in a separate explorer window the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\bin and find the file gmad.exe.
    4. Drag the .gma file onto gmad.exe.
    5. Now, in the addons folder, there will be a subfolder with the same name as the .gma file.
    6. Drag the contents of this file into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\SourceFilmmaker\game\usermod folder.
    7. Your model can now be imported into SFM!

I tested this out when I was in the same predicament as you, getting Ork models (though in my case, so that I can have orks on the wrong end of a boltgun).
    Kaptin_Pokkets likes this.