Background Image

Descent To Arkhona Contest Update

Discussion in 'Contests' started by KatieFleming, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Katie Fleming KatieFleming Community Manager

Dear Crusaders,

First, I want to personally thank you for the time you all spent crafting your entries for the Descent to Arkhona Fan Fiction Competition!

We all appreciate your effort, time, dedication, and creativity. Over the next couple of weeks we will be reading your entries and selecting our five finalists. Once we have done this, we will make an announcement. Then they'll be shipped off to Graham McNeill who will select the three winners.

Please check this OP periodically for updates!

------------------------------------------------------
    Update: Sept 10

Here are the statistics from the entries (and a big thank you to Ivan for putting this together):

[​IMG]
  2. DJPenguin DJPenguin Eternal Battles Moderator

I can't wait to read all the stories about my greatness.
    Brostin likes this.
  3. aleony kia Active Member

Can't wait to be one of the hundred hopefuls hoping to get a gift from the legendary Graham McNeill only to learn that their story wasn't good enough to be part of the top three.
  4. Uriel1339 Uriel1339 Lord of Posts

Please me please me please me! xD Of course still good luck to everyone else!!!
    Frenchtouch03, Crimson_Lord and kia like this.
  5. Kaelin Kaelin Curator

Kudos to your guys' efforts! I am actually serious when I say I was super glad to have the excuse to really write my first stand-alone story ever, though I've done tons of RP in the past. So seriously, I think I speak for many of us when I say thank you for giving us an excuse to really give writing a go.

EDIT: I meant to ask out of curiosity, how are you guys handling such a huge task? Just curious how many people might be reading, how you're distributing the submissions, etc.
  6. Lord Reithas Reithas Prefectus

Good luck to all my fellow writers! Even if we don't win the contest, we've all contributed to the universe of 40k. The Emperor would be proud.
  7. Kleon Stephanos Crimson_Lord Arkhona Vanguard

I'm in agreement with Kaelin, this got me to get off my ass and write my first short story. :D Good luck brothers and sisters, I look forward to reading the winning entries!
    Kaelin likes this.
  8. Silentium Silentium New Member

I feel it would be fun:cool: . Before our eyes, the universe of Warhammer 40000 is expanding.
  9. Lord Reithas Reithas Prefectus

I'm curious, how many stories were actually submitted? And of those stories, how many were SM, CSM, Ork or Eldar?
    Wolf-Assassin likes this.
  10. Silentium Silentium New Member

Hope to that the developers will provide us those statistics.
    Reithas likes this.