Background Image

Descendants of Blood OOC Thread.

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by matt23, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Imperius matt23 Curator

A link to the IC thread - http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/descendants-of-blood-original-chapter-rp.48769/

Chapter Summary for Sanguine Templar - http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/descendants-of-blood-ooc-thread.48720/page-92#post-1076770

[​IMG]
    Hello everyone. After a little bit of motivation and help from everyone, I am excited to post my first rp thread I will be GMing. Forgive me if I sound like an excited school girl but the Blood Angels are my favorite chapter and I've been wanting to do this for a long time. So without further rambling let's get down to the overview...

As mentioned above this Rp will be centered around the Blood Angel's chapter just prior to Horus Heresy and eventually become a new second founding chapter made from the ideas of the players. So to help speed up the explaining process this will, for the most part, be very similar to @WanderingJester Original Chapter RP but instead of White Scars, Blood Angels.

Now the twist I am adding to this is that you, as a player, will NOT start out as a Space Marine or even a scout. Instead you will start out as a human from either Baal, Baal Primus, or Baal Secundus. This human shall then undergo all it takes to become a Blood Angel. From the travel to Angel's Fall which is where Sanguinius was found as a child and recruits are tested on Baal Secundus, to the Gladiator trials which determine who is strong enough to become a Blood Angel, and then the 72hr vigil the final test of discipline within the Fortress Monastery, etc... You will then become Scouts of the Blood Angels. From there you will experience all that the Blood Angels underwent through Horus Heresy to the Second Founding and beyond.

Once you have pasted the trials you will be able to build your scout based of the character you created. Classes that can be chosen are Assault, Tactical, Devastator, and, Techmarine. Chaplain and Librarian will also be allowed but on a limited basis.

The combat system will be a combination which will mostly come from the system that @DeranVendar uses in Death Watch. Meaning you will start out on a certain number of HPs and have defense rolls. As for attack rolls those will be based off the weapon of your choosing. Your base defense and attack rolls will become strong with time as will your starting HP.

The number of players I am hoping for is five to seven due to the fact that I am new to GMing and this makes it easier to keep track of and ensure I maintain quality post for each player. Also I ask that you are able to post at least once a day. I am on US central time zone, do not worry about your time zone as I usually only sleep like four hours a night. Now, I do not know how many will be interested but my plan is to start with a few and gradually expand. Slots are open to people who are understanding that I am new to this and I do not need someone who is going to, in a disrespectful manor, post on this OOC Thread about how I am wrong. I need players who are willing to work with me and be respectful to the players around them, and their characters, and myself. So I invite you to send me a character sheet and join me in having some fun. If you have any questions feel free to ask away.

I ask that you put some time into your character idea and be as descriptive as possible. This will help me give you the quality you want and deserve in every post and EPIC battles. Character sheets are as follows...

Player Name:
    Character Name:
    Baal, Baal Primus, or Baal Secundus:
    Physical Description:
    History:
    Heroic Feat that got your character noticed and invited to Angel's Fall:
    Favored Fighting Style: ergo...close quarters, ranged, combination, etc...
    Religious Views: example: Sanguinius above all, Emperor above all, combination, who cares, etc...
    Any other details you wish to share:

---------------------------------------
    Character Sheets (Active Players)
    User name: @Colapse
    Character name: Diabel
    Unit type: Librarian
    Equipment: Power armor, bolt pistol, force sword
    Traits/abilities: Spells - Warp Fire 5 turn CD - Shield of Sanguinius once per battle.
    The Awakening: Experienced once, Diabel is now familiar with what it takes to Awaken his pysker gene. Though Diabel knows how to, it is still vastly uncontrollable and will act as such. Diabel unleashes a mental assault on all enemies on the battlefield. After the attack Diabel is knocked out for a duration determined by roll of 1-3.

Physical description: Tall, lean, pale skin, long white hair, multiple scars on his face, the most prominent one running from the top of his forehead down the right eye and ending up at his jaw (Word Bearer's axe blow from Signum Prime).

-----------------------------------------------

Player Name: @DeranVendar
    Character Name: Savarel
    Unit type: Sergeant
    Equipment: Artificed Bolter (+1), Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Power Armor (Iron Skull on helmet)

Physical description:

Since his transformation into a Space Marine Savarel has changed from a skeletal bag of scorched flesh and whip like muscle gnawed upon by vermin and hunger alike. Now he stands as tall as any of his brothers, head graced by a new crown of light brown hair that seems to just naturally fall into place. A new sort of ugly mars his form though as even the angelic countenance gifted by the chapters' late Primarch cannot fully blot out the marks of war. Heavy bags lay under his eyes from the grueling, restless training that he runs himself and the squad through. A network of scars of little significance spread out across his body as befits any warrior of the Emperor. A single mark of note is hidden away on his chest courtesy of a Captain Marek obliterating one of his lungs during the siege of Terra. This takes the form of a patch of skin that seems to be eternally raw and pinkish as if never quite healing.

In squad and new chapter tradition alike Savarel wears a great many tattoos, most of them redone entirely since the First Founding. Pre-division marks were undone and patched over to further signify the sort of rebirth the young Astartes has grasped in the wake of Sanguinius passing. Down his right arm is a coiling sleeve of fellow Blood Angels, most of them now Sanguine Templars, from his brothers in initiation up till now whom served with him and called him Sergeant. A muddy red skull is stamped proudly on his forehead, sharing the same position as the Iron Skull on his helmet. The muscular back of this space marine has become a canvas for names of significance including those Dark Angels that helped train his squad when they were but scouts along with those Salamanders whom they stood alongside on Terra. Finally his left arm bears an inked on chain link running from shoulder to wrist, meant to be a collection of honor marks. A single 'badge' depicting a golden wall aflame represents the Siege, attached to the chains by a hook of simple design it stands as the lone achievement thus far.

Trait - Wasteland Survivor: After years of survival in the harshest of conditions one tends to harden. Due to his life within the wastelands Savarel get +2 hits to his overall health.

Commanding Presence: Savarel can now be considered a Leader in the Tide of War mechanic. This means, he can give orders (when he is the highest ranking) to the allied forces around him.

Special Weapon: Bolter (Artifice): +1 to attacks used with the bolter.
    --------------------------

Player Name: @TechCaptain
    Character Name: Haimon
    Type: Techmarine (Devastator Style)
    Equipment: Heavy Bolter, Servo Arm and Harness, Power Armor, Combat Knife
    Physical Description: Average height, natural tanned, Dirty blonde man with plenty of scars all across his body. Stormy Grey-blue eyes
    Updated: He now has several Tattoos on his arms and back. These all have meaning. On his back in scrollwork are a list of names the living all clear but the dead are crossed off. These are his brothers and Cousins that he fought closely with. Also major events are imaged up his arms.
    Trait - Techinical Savant: Being a savant means he knows how to get the most out of whatever tech that is around him.
    Trait: Iron Body: Haimon's body has become all to familiar with pain and damage. As such, when Haimon is 5hp or below, no injuries (outside of amputation) will effect his attack or defense rolls

-----------------------

Player Name: @Avenging-Angel
    Character Name: Viserys
    Unit type: Assault Marine
    Equipment: Jump Pack, Bolt Pistols*2, Chainsword, Power Armour
    Physical description: Covered in more than enough scars Viserys only just resembles the mortal he had once been.

Trait: Defender of the Fallen: Viserys can not stand by while one of his brothers face death alone. When one of Viserys' brothers are pinned down or on the brink of death, Viserys will automatically use all out defense to save them and receive +1 to his defense rolls. Viserys will not move from brother until he is back up.
    ------------------------

Player Name: @Keidivh
    Character Name: Zuriel
    Class: Sanguinary Priest
    Equipment: Power armor, chainsword, bolt pistol, Exsanguinator (BA Narthecium), crimson robes and hood.
    Traits/Abilities: Combat Medic: Can use a single Med-Kit per battle. Effectiveness is decided by a roll of 1-5.

Physical Description: The days when Zuriel was a scrawny and sickly man have long since passed, and he now stands as a massive Astartes, standing only slightly taller than average, though he was still more wiry than most, though this was deceptive, and held an unrelenting strength. He like many others had his Father's blessed countenance, and would be considered quite handsome by most. Olive skin, dark brown hair that was well kept, blue eyes, and a strong jaw with groomed stubble all added to this, and oddly enough his face bore no scars. However if one were to ever see him out of his armor, they would see the kind of toll war took on him. There were many deep, twisting scars that raked across his body in a kind of macabre piece of art. The most notable is a huge, deep gash in his abdomen, where the late Captain Marek nearly spilled his guts onto the walls of Terra, and still looks as if it was only recently acquired.

Like all in his squad, and many in his new chapter, Zuriel had his tattoos redone, altough this was also due to how horribly maimed he was during the Battle of Terra, ruining many of his tattoos. In the center of his chest and prominently featured were the names of his beloved blood brothers, connected by streaming drop of blood tattooed through the center of them. On his heart is a bloody Angel, representing the death of his beloved father, which will always weigh heavily on his heart. On his right hand was the name of Tobias, and the left Isiah, two who were instrumental in his early years as a scout, and turned his hands into true instruments of war. His right name also bore the names of a few Dark Angels who were befriended. On his top back were the names of many Salamanders who he bled beside on Sacred Terra. He also had two new, distinctive tattoos on the front of both his shoulders. One was a blasted, hell like battlefield, with angels trampling across demonic figures. The other depicted a group of angels standing in breached golden wall. Signifying the battles of Signus and Terra, two engagements that would forever define Zuriel and his Legion. Finally there was a blood red skull tattooed beneath his throat, in honor of his leader and brothers.

-----------------------

Player Name: @TechCaptain
    Character Name: Haimon
    Type: Techmarine (Devastator Style)
    Equipment: Heavy Bolter, Servo Arm and Harness, Power Armor, Combat Knife
    Physical Description: Average height, natural tanned, Dirty blonde man with plenty of scars all across his body. Stormy Grey-blue eyes. He now has several Tattoos on his arms and back. These all have meaning. On his back in scrollwork are a list of names the living all clear but the dead are crossed off. These are his brothers and Cousins that he fought closely with. Also major events are imaged up his arms.
    Trait - Techinical Savant: Being a savant means he knows how to get the most out of whatever tech that is around him.
    Trait: Iron Body: Haimon's body has become all to familiar with pain and damage. As such, when Haimon is 5hp or below, no injuries (outside of amputation) will effect his attack or defense rolls.

----------------------------

User name: @Jolojose
    Character name: Jozai
    Unit type: Scout Marine
    Equipment: Scout Armor, Combat knife, Chainsword, Stalker Bolter
    Traits/Abilities: N/A
    Physical Description: The young son of Baal looks slightly older and taller. As he has not yet become a full Space Marine he has put on none of the massive height or weight his former scouts-brothers have.
  2. Uriel1339 Uriel1339 Lord of Posts

I don't know much Blood Angels so I guess this is a good time to learn more, eh?! Also I just went in with the assumption or char is like 16-18 .... ^^

Player Name: @Uriel1339
    Character Name: Uriel (ah come on he is an archangel of justice, let me be! :D)
    Homeworld: Baal Secundus
    Physical Description: Tall, natural tanned 1,70m tall blonde man with plenty of scars all across his body. Shining bright cobalt-blue eyes.
    History: Father was a hunter, even before Uriel was born, that is when he picked up fighting once he reached the age of eight. He never could relate much to his mother, especially once his father died when he was twelve and he had to become a full-time hunter. He felt more of a guardian and protector to his mother, than a child of hers, which probably allowed him to easily leave his home to aspire higher goals. He found it unjust that his father was reaped when he was a mere child, while others had their father teach them all sort of things, from whittling over fishing to hunting - while he had to learn most things by himself. Ever since he swore to never become relied on anyone else.
    Heroic Feat that got your character noticed and invited to Angel's Fall: And that self-esteem and self-reliance led him to become as talented as the adults in their mid-30s. On his eighteenth birthday, he brought in such amount of foods, it was equivalent of what a trio of the most experienced hunters of the village brought in. He may not have had his father, but he was more than certain that he inherited his skills and talent.
    Having utilized mostly crossbows like his father, Uriel eventually made smaller ones so he could dual-wield hand-held disposable crossbows for higher firing range and better efficiency at close combat.
    Favored Fighting Style: Close-Combat-Ranged (Dual-wield pistols, from five meters distance in your face)
    Regilious Views: example: Combination of Sanguinius & Emperor
    Any other details you wish to share: Not right now.
    matt23 likes this.
  3. Uriel1339 Uriel1339 Lord of Posts

Edited!
    matt23 likes this.
  4. Imperius matt23 Curator

Also a few other names came to mind who may enjoy this rp and be helpful... @Draconion @Vulpas @Shadhunter @Casavay ....Also Should the numbers and interest be there I may increase the character slots by 1 or 2
    Casavay and Uriel1339 like this.
  5. Brother_Draconion Draconion Well-Known Member

Thanks for the invite, matt. I'm afraid I'm already busy with the two extant RPs as it is. Very much appreciate the invitation, though! Best of luck with this game.
    Uriel1339 and matt23 like this.
  6. Imperius matt23 Curator

No worries mate.
    Draconion and Uriel1339 like this.
  7. Saraph Midas Casavay Well-Known Member

I respectfully decline. Thank you for the offer, but I usually don't play Astartes.
    Uriel1339 likes this.
  8. Imperius matt23 Curator

No worries.
    Uriel1339 likes this.
  9. the lord watchman lord-watchman Well-Known Member

Player Name: the lord watchman
    Character Name: lukas silentstrike
    Baal Secundus:
    Physical Description: physicly he is of averege build with no sighns of malnutrition (for being on baal that is good) he is bald and has blue eyes with a skar going over his left eye from a fight with a mutant
    History: was born into the tribe called the blood (the same tribe that found sanguiness) and has been inspired by the primarch to be the best he can be
    Heroic Feat that got your character noticed and invited to Angel's Fall: during a fight with a roaming band of mutants lukas picked up a broken blade that his farther had droped after dying, and he defended the remaing members as best as he could before a unit of space marine scouts led by a chaplin turned up seeing the boy defending himself as best as he could.
    Favored Fighting Style: ergo...close quarters, ranged, combination, etc... close combat
    Regilious Views: example: Sanguinius above all, Emperor above all, combination, who cares, etc... dose not hold religious veiws as he folows the emperors decree that there is no gods (though he dose see sanguines as a idol)
    Any other details you wish to share did once meet sanguiness
    age 16
    matt23 and Uriel1339 like this.
  10. the lord watchman lord-watchman Well-Known Member

on a side note if you ever need help with blood angel stuff il try and give you as much assistance as i can
    matt23 likes this.