Background Image

dedicated neophyte server ?

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by Sigvald_Frostclaw, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Hi. I think it could be a good idea to have dedicated server for neophyte. because, seriously, since the F2P launch, in LSM, the amount of new player is really REALLY high. And everytime I play LSM, my team is composed only of rank 1 and 2, against an team who have lot of rank 4 and 5. and you call this equilibrate. I mean, just server where noob can train, discover the game, or just undertand the strategy can be really great for all faction. Or just make a real tutorial, That beginners are not lost... just do something for help the neophyte, who wanna try to play, and being humiliated by a team full of veteran...
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  2. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

Ranks alone don't mean much, besides showing who's new and who's put time into the game.

Maybe have a "neophyte" server for the first 15 hours of play, then shift them to the veteran server.
  3. yeah, it's what I wanna say
  4. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

Well they own two servers...

And extra character slots came out. Plus if we segregate the newbies to a neophyte server they lose the potential for guidance from more veteran players.

I think the better solution here would be mock matches. Matches that can be played by one team alone. Think like the dueling ring, but on a full map with full objectives. It's practice against your own faction with maybe a minimal xp gain so that it doesn't feel like useless practice. 1 xp per kill, maximum 500 xp cap.
    XavierLight likes this.
  5. take the noobs hand and lead them through the game and gamemechanics :OrkMoon:
  6. I try, but lot of them don't give a fuck about advice, and continue to run away like decapited chicken. they think it's CoD
  7. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

Then the answer is simple. all we need to do is leash the noobs to rank 5 players like a pack of rabid dogs =D
  8. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

What if we have a few spaces on the neophyte server for instructors; veteran players willing, and capable, of training new players.
  9. @Sigvald_Frostclaw im afraid about many rank 1 smurfs of good players stomping everything into dust. Its called noobbash.