Background Image

Deathwing Screenshots - Holy Shit!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Kaldor-Draigo, May 22, 2014.

1. Colapse Colapse Forum Beta Tester

Well why should it blow away EC? I mean, those 2 games are of different genre and should attract slightly different audience. Also, grizzled warhammer fans will buy everything that the companies feed them with, so there was no way for EC to lose players just because there's another 40k shooter in town :)

Of course, if the Deathwing turned out to be a supremely good piece of software then we could talk about players flocking from one 40k game to another but as it turned out, that ain't gonna happen. In the end, we'll gonna have to wait for a proper 40k game a bit longer :)
    KharnVarus likes this.
  2. Kharn KharnVarus Eternal Battles Moderator

Only the Bladerunner fanclub said it was gonna die cause of Deathwing simply because they're known trolls and want to kill the game cause they are too dumb to understand the circumstances this game was made under aswell as unable to be responsible with their money. So they just decided to spread that shit about EC dying to everyone (and still are funnily enough)

Welp, we're not getting any other proper 40k game anytime soon, that's why I want EC to turn out well, Imo it's the only good one we've gotten if you exclude Dawn of War. Space Marine is just an unbalanced and buggy mess when it comes to netcode and EC outdoes it with content, so we don't have much of a choice here.
  3. Valrak Valrak Arch Cardinal Superior

We have a new patch incoming for Spacehulk: Deathwing, made a video showing off what has been added. You can access it now by downloading the BETA version on it via steam. Hope you enjoy the video!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duP4IWmWMsQ
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  4. Flamer? FLAMER!
    Valrak likes this.
  5. Valrak Valrak Arch Cardinal Superior

Another patch is in the works which brings a brand new game mode to the multiplayer side of the game, also the developers stated their intentions of when the console version will be coming. Would love to get some feedback on how you feel about the game, what you'd like to see and how it can be improved upon. Hope you enjoy the video!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPAZ97ivdhs
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  6. Brother Molochi ParanoidL Steam Early Access

Is the new game mode going to make replaying any better? From what read it seems tedious tbh.. but obviously I love the Deathwing and the models cuz they're simply amazing. I want a reason to play again pretty much.

(Flamers def made it more fun doe last patch)
  7. EDA- xReaperx xReaperx Arkhona Vanguard

love the amount of detail in deathwing and more updates should be a bonus but they should start work on some DLC showing the other chapters.

Its fortunate that I got to play my chapter of choice but I feel there should be more for others :)
  8. Well in a game which is called "Deathwing" which other chapters do you expect?
    I think they should just copy everything 1:1 from Vermintide, adjust the sluggish AI and then we are good or?
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  9. EDA- xReaperx xReaperx Arkhona Vanguard

I am inclined to agree Brother Nemiel, it is a Dark Angels game no doubt. I just wish to understand where they want to take the game now besides improving the base game.

I do believe that Deathwing has now given further ideas on how future warhammer 40k FPS games should be developed and with it the means to include other Chapters.
  10. Yeah right, and looking back the the original space hulk board games...Deathwing wasn't the only one. I wouldn't be against having sequels with other chapters, but for such a thing to happen they need to turn a complete failure into a financial success, and have the willing as developers to do that roller-coaster again. Honestly, the way that hype backfired, I personally would have moved on if I were a developer.