Background Image

Deathwatch: The Darkest Night [IC]

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Uriel1339, May 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Rising from the surgical table Viserys made his way down to the armoury, wishing to be clad in his war-plate again. He could feel the knit together flesh of his chest pulling slightly and was walking slower than he normally would. At least the pain was gone.

Eventually getting to the Vera Krauz's armoury the Blood Angel collected the undamaged pieces of his armour and finally went to pick up his repaired chest-plate and power sword. The area of the chest-plate that had been damaged was bare, one of the angel's wings cut into two pieces, but it felt just the same when worn with the rest of his power armour.

His blade had also been rebuilt, although it was just a bit shorter than previously. Putting on his helmet Viserys gave his weapon a few test swings before pausing when an update request from Hesiod flashed across his HUD, opening a vox channel to the Techmarine.
    "We have evacuated from the rok and are back on the Vera Krauz. Brothers Lichas & Fidel have fallen but the rest of us are intact... enough. What is your situation?"
  2. Uriel1339 Uriel1339 Lord of Posts

@Valonox - Galen Amadaus Morgain - Novamarine - Devastator
    @Kalle - Kleos - Flesh Tearer - Devastator
    @Avenging-Angel - Viserys - Blood Angel - Assault Marine
    @Keidivh - Zuriel Drathus - Sanguine Templar - Viceroy (Chaplain)
    @WanderingJester - Orochi Mizakune - Ronin - Assault Marine
    @DeranVendar - Harvom Clawtaker - Space Wolf - Scout
    @Vulpas - Narok Lightningfang - Avenging Fox - Librarian
    @Tamu - Goreparan Minkar - Minotaur - Apothecary
    Narok would reply to not just Goreparan, but all of the Marines on-board the Vera Krauz accompanied by a high priority ping in the briefing room. Although Kleos and Galen were still knocked out.

"It seems that my meditation got us more than I bargained for. Meet me immediately in the briefing room. It is better if I show you in person." As cryptic as Librarians always would be, he awaited them to arrive. Krauz having taken his place at the head of the briefing room and Lightningfang standing next to him, knowing that there was nothing the supposedly Inquisitor was going to tell him without the other ones present. And ironically as much as he wandered the shadows unseen, being an Avenging Fox, he did not enjoy the shroud of mystery of the not-dead Krauz. What could be so important that an Inquisitor faked his death only to reappear when it was threatened to fall into the hands of the Arch-nemesis?

@High_Adept_Zeth - Hesiod - Blood Angel - Techmarine
    "Affirmative." Is all that Tarcain responded before breaking out into a sprint, moving as fast as his feet would carry him towards the Vault.

As the replies from such as Viserys would come in, the pings he was looking for would come from nowhere else than the Vera Krauz, somehow they must have teleported back on the vessel - calculations showed that it was most likely the witches doing - Narok.

As for the rest of the data that flowed and fused with his mind, he would be satisfied to learn that all Orks were eliminated. Or those that he did spot were being obliterated by Sons of Guilliman patrols in the very moment as he was watching them do their work.

@BadDo9 - Yeveri Ta'Shan - Salamander - Tactical
    @SpeceralWolfe - Ruine Master - Imperial Fist - Devastator
    @Jammysod - Alaster MacBaran - Storm Warden - Assault Marine
    "You are fools, blinded by the need to redeem yourselves!" The Librarian yelled as the Autocannon hammered down on him. Yet with inhuman agility he started to move in a wide zig-zag pattern, the same power he had utilized earlier to speed all of them up, except now it was only powering him. Ruine managed to land a few hits, but they were miniscule due to the effectiveness of Power Armor.

When the Librarian got finally into melee range, he was suddenly impaled in his back by a power sword, along with the shockwave being pushed into Ruine and toppling him over, both of them landing on the ground. Ruine on his back, Palladine on his chest.

"You. You. You miscreants!" Palladine roared, getting back on his feet, using his staff as support. He seemed not to care about the power sword stuck in his back, even though it was halfway sunk into him. Then again, it was through the backpack and power armor, so who knows how much it really impaled his actual flesh?

Not caring about the heavy devastator on the floor and the now only shield bearing Storm Warden, he decided to grab the Salamander with one hand and drag him off to the closer pod of the gene forge. "You must see for yourselves first then!" Palladine roared, easily dragging Yeveri off, creating an energy barrier in front of him to block off Ruine and Alaster - leaving them with only a handful of options. Either run around the barrier across the whole vault and try to attack the librarian from behind. Or keep shooting at the barrier until it would fall apart.

Before either of them would be able to reach the traitor and the enchanted salamander, Yeveri already was thrown in the pod. With a few finger taps across the controls the pod closed down and sealed, the geneforge as it was apparently called getting to work. Buzzing, gears turning and lightning arcs jolting around its top. With enough power to make the whole vault's electrical system go haywire, light bulbs bursting or dimming and randomly glow back on full levels.

"You can work at my side to liberate the Imperium. Or you can die before me. It is your choice." Palladine offered a last time, breathing heavily enough to cause his whole body to rock back and forth. Energies of the warp channeling around his force staff, obviously working hard to maintain the barrier.
  3. KnightReborned WanderingJester Well-Known Member

Orochi Mizakune, still concerned about the status of the vault, nonetheless heeded Brother Goreparan's offer and got his wounds looked it, and treated. Thanking the apothecary for his work, before long he received a ping to the briefing room, where he saw an inquisitor with their librarian. What would be pleasant appearance tinged towards suspicion as it was no other than the long thought dead Lord Inquisitor Krauz. Looking over at the Librarian, then to their chaplain, and then the inquisitor, the Ronin subconsciously placed a hand on the hilt of his power katana, before speaking up. "An ork rok invasion, traitors inbound, vault compromised and now a not so dead Inquisitor Lord. What a day we are having."

Addressing Brother Narok and Brother Zuriel, Orochi turned more serious. "This is indeed the famed Lord Inquisitor Krauz, and not some trickery by the traitorous forces or xeno mindtricks Brother Zuriel? Brother Narok?" he asked, hoping for confirmation from the two individuals he trusted especially to dispell chaos and xenos treachery.

@Tamu
    @Vulpas
    Uriel1339 and BadDo9 like this.
  4. Victus Jammysod Well-Known Member

@SpeceralWolfe

Given the situation he was in Alaster knew he would have to act quickly and find a way past that barrier. He looked over at Ruine and said, "Start firing on the barrier while I go around. I suppose we'll see which works first." And with that, Alaster drew his pistol and started running alongside the barrier in search of its end.
    Uriel1339, BadDo9 and WanderingJester like this.
  5. Ruine rises to his feet and throws a krak grenade at the barrier he then proceeds to open fire. as the rounds flew towards their target he got on the Vox "Brothers! Palladine has activated the Gene-forge and erected a barrier preventing intervention, I request support"
    Uriel1339 and WanderingJester like this.
  6. Entering the briefing room Viserys nearly scowled at the sight of the inquisitor who'd sent them to the Deathwatch station. Thankfully though it seemed Narok had control of the meeting, having been the one to call it, and the Blood Angel stood against one wall, watching the others present and waiting for the rest to arrive.
  7. Uriel1339 Uriel1339 Lord of Posts

"I feel no taint anywhere on the vessel, nor from any individual or any gear." Zuriel responded, with a nod towards Orochi. But the Viceroy was wary and would not let his guard down.

Narok nodded as well to Orochi. "His aura is untainted."

The Inquisitor cleared his throat once everyone was present, so every Deathwatch Astartes except for Galen and Kleos. "Apologies for the secrecy and deception. But I must disappoint you that I am not in fact the Inquisitor you believe I am. I am a mere copy created by an apparatus that duplicated everyone from DNA to memories if one was to step on a world. One other survivor who was victim of this, was a Blood Raven named Tarcain who is on Thebes as we speak." He let the revelation sink in a bit, leaning forward and folding his hands.

"He and I worked together for multiple years on a solution to contain the effects of the world, to not let it risk fall in anyone's hands. Eventually as fate wanted it, Eldar came across us and our project. We quickly learned that the object creating that phenomenon was falsely called the Forge of Vaul in the past. Furthermore it was a daemon construct. It was destroyed on at least three occasions, but every time it was recreated by the daemon who designed it. Thus, the Eldar and us altered it. With the technology of the Eldar it continued its functionality but was limited to only the individual that was transferred into it. Knowing to leave it on the world would be dangerous and that the power would be too attractive for any Craftworld to harbor, we decided it to hand it to someone else we could trust. Using my... Excuse me, Krauz' contacts within the Deathwatch, the now-called Geneforge was brought to Thebes and put under Shin Zhu's watch. But I fear that an Emperor's Children sorcerer by the name Urtus Velodonus might have found knowledge of this while battling in the Thirteenth Black Crusade. And so he planted the seed of corruption on Thebes, along with luring the Sons of Guilliman in particular, turning them against the Imperium. And in order to save the geneforge... I had assembled you. Each one of you cherry picked to bring down the Sorcerer and secure the forge."

Once the Inquisitor finished he leaned back in the seat and looked at everyone, one by one. "Questions?"

@High_Adept_Zeth - Hesiod - Blood Angel - Techmarine
    <see prior post; no hurry>

@BadDo9 - Yeveri Ta'Shan - Salamander - Tactical
    @SpeceralWolfe - Ruine Master - Imperial Fist - Devastator
    @Jammysod - Alaster MacBaran - Storm Warden - Assault Marine
    Just as Alaster made his way around, the second pod of the machine opened up and spat a trio of new Yeveris out. Palladine chuckled as they came out fully clad with Power Armor, Flamer and everything. The first pod eventually opened and Yeveri, drained of his energy, simply collapsed forward. Not unconscious but almost there. The Sorcerer picked the Salamander up and started to move towards the exit.

One of the Yeveris rushed beyond the Sorcerer and the original, taking several hits by Ruine Master as the barrier fell. The Salamander endured the shots, slowly bringing the flamer up and unleashing the flames upon the Imperial Fist. Soon enough, a second Yeveri joined the retreating sorcerer, flanking the Imperial Fist with his flamer - intending to incinerate him.

Alaster found himself in front of the last of the three spawned Yeveris, managing to bring his shield up in time to block the liquid promethium that engulfed him. But his power sword still stuck in Palladine, he only would have as an option his pistol or the combat knife.

There was yet no sign of reinforcements, although both Roland and Tarcain rushed across the station to the Vault. All the while, Shin Zhu starting to awaken as groans and growls came from the body.

OOC: Yeveri ( @BadDo9 ) cannot break free, but he may talk and/or indicate struggling.
  8. KnightReborned WanderingJester Well-Known Member

Orochi Mizakune sat to the side of the meeting, nodding to each of the answers from his brothers before turning his attention back to this Inquisitor. The more he heard of this... clone's story, the more he disliked all of this. The line between friend and foe had always blurred before, and never had the Ronin enjoyed it when it did. As the briefing ended, he looked around with his hand still on the hilt of his power katana, now more conscious of its location than before, but still keeping it there.

"Several. Will you now assume the identity of Inquisitor Krauz now that the original is declared dead in absentina? What shall we address you by? If you were the one to have brought us here, does that mean that the Sons of Guilliman have indeed been compromised? How about Shin Zhu? Brother Harvom here," he waved over at the Space Wolf, "contacted the greater Inquisition for us, as we suspected treachery when we arrived at the fortress. How will you, or better yet, us, explain to them when they arrive? Who in this system still serves the Emperor and the Imperium outside of this Kill-Team?"
    Uriel1339 likes this.
  9. Uriel1339 Uriel1339 Lord of Posts

"And here I feared a difficult inquiry." Krauz chuckled. "I am all in all Inquisitor Krauz to the moment of when he arrived on the world of the Geneforge. So you may refer to me just that. It is not like a shapeshifter who just talks and looks like the subject. But I. I have every single memory. Of how he was trained, his relationships, childhood. Everything. We even share the same DNA and fingerprints. And nobody has been compromised, even under the effects of the geneforge - everyone who comes out of it is just like the original. And it hasn't been used once. And from the reports I read while you were deployed, it seems we arrived... At the wrong time."

He took a deep breath and stood up from his seat. "We left roughly one years in the future with the Vera Krauz. At a time when Thebes in fact was controlled by treacherous Sons of Guilliman, most likely wanting the geneforge to use on Primarch Roboute Guilliman in attempt to resurrect him, believing the forge could be manipulated to make a copy of him without the wound he suffered. Our appearance here, could have altered the timelines forever - for the better or the worse. I may not have experience of serving the Ordo Chronos, but I understand the gravity of the situation. As for loyalties. By that conclusion we must expect that all present imperial forces are loyal... For now. Oh and before I forget regards my position in the Imperium. I do not intend to return. It would raise too many questions. If anything, I will remain a sentinel on the drone ship and make sure to defend it, should it ever come under attack. Which of course means, that you will pretend to not know of my presence." He remained calm like a rock throughout his entire explanation. After all, he had quite some time to prepare for this moment.
  10. High Adept Zeth High_Adept_Zeth Arkhona Vanguard

Recieving status feeds from his brothers, Hesiod felt both joy and cold pangs of sorrow at survival of most of his brothers and deaths of Lichas and Fidel. From the moment he took his pilgrimage to Mars, he knew he will forevermore stand aside of his brothers. By the virtue of his Chapter, being a Techmarine did little to lessen his sense of brotherhood and camaraderie.

"The xeno threat onboard Thebes has been eliminated but Vault has been compromised. I will initiate repair protocols to bring void-weapons back to bear." voxed Hesiod as he operated the cogitators of the command matrix, ordering Fortress`s significant contigent of servitors to repair and maintain duties, focusing on the void weapons and the systems needed to maintain them.

Looking up from the green glowing screens of the cogitator monitors, he pointed to two Sons:

"Your names? Remain here and be our eyes on the Fortress and across the void. Maintain constant sensor and auguries bombardment on that Rok until we destroy it. If your Chapter Master is right, a new enemy will be upon us. The rest of you with me."

With that said, Techmarine stomped out in a runing pace from the command matrix to the Vault, in hopes to get there in time to help contain the situation.

@BadDo9

With his pollaxe in both hands, the giant one-sided blade of the weapon swinging up and down like a scythe of a reaper, an ancient rendition of death itself. He ran across the empty halls of the command deck, the green-wired plan of the Fortress swimming in the vision inside of his helmet. Picking the shortest route to the Vault, he attempted to contact both Yeveri and Tarcain.

"Brother Yeveri, report!? Whats going on there? Tarcain, your situation?"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.