Background Image

Deathwatch: The Darkest Night [IC]

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Uriel1339, May 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uriel1339 Uriel1339 Lord of Posts

    After the briefing and a thorough discussion among themselves, the 11 Deathwatch Marines have come to a final decision for their tactics. They would split into two groups, one to retrieve the Deathwatch Keeper, or his key rather, for the vault he was protecting - if he has perished by now. And the other team to sabotage and weaken the traitors who held Deathwatch Fortress Thebes in their corrupted hands.

    The initial attack would be boarding torpedoes only to keep collateral damage at a minimum, the idea being that if the fortress was to be reconquered, that they wanted to save time and resources with the repairs and avoid blowing up potential laboratories, armories and other chambers that belonged to the Ordo Xenos.

    Lastly, the option came up to override the drone ship that was their vessel in it's attack protocol. They could have taken the chance to destroy the fortress, alas they already came to the conclusion that was not their agenda. And to only weaken the fortress further with ranged attacks was also too risky - for both the Fortress and the ship itself which would need to endure the defensive fire. And the final option being to even dock the drone on the vessel, using it as a bait for the traitors. But that was as well too risky in a fight of eleven versus potential three hundred. So they chose to have the drone ship do it's attack run, shoot the boarding torpedoes and retreat into safety until the Deathwatch would summon them.

    And so the plans for war were completed. As the most logical choice amidst them, they split as followed:

    Kill-Team Breaking Lock (Retrieve the Key | Save the Keeper):
    @bossaroo - Fidel Martinez - Crimson Fist - Apothecary
    @WanderingJester - Orochi Mizakune - Ronin - Assault Marine
    @Kalle - Kleos - Flesh Tearer - Devastator
    @Vulpas - Narok Lightningfang - Avenging Fox - Librarian
    @Xaphen - Lichas Mega - Omega Marine - Assault Marine
    @High_Adept_Zeth - Hesiod - Blood Angel - Techmarine

    Kill-Team Stinger (Maximum Destruction & Distraction):
    @Tamu - Goreparan Minkar - Minotaur - Apothecary
    @Avenging-Angel - Viserys - Blood Angel - Assault Marine
    @BadDo9 - Yeveri Ta'Shan - Salamander - Tactical
    @Keidivh - Zuriel Drathus - Sanguine Templar - Viceroy (Chaplain)
    @Valonox - Galen Amadaus Morgain - Novamarine - Devastator
    @DeranVendar - Harvom Clawtaker - Space Wolf - Scout

    Fully equipped, each team took their boarding torpedo. Several blank ones would launch to make their travel safer. Once The Vera Krauz emerged from the warp, it made a scan of the system and forwarded the information to the HUDs of each Astartes. There were various ships floating in orbit, shot dead beyond repair and floating slowly but certain towards the planet below. None of them were intact, and none of them were of Sons of Guilliman signature either. Most of the vessels were standard Imperial Navy patterns for transport duties. There was a Deathwatch Strike Cruiser registered as The Watchful Eye, no survivors of any of the vessels were spotted, only floating corpses. No alien life forms had been detected and the Fortress was already lightly damaged. As it accelerated it's sublight engines to approach the fortress to make it's attack run, Narok's used his telepathic powers of his mind to get rough coordinations on the aura of a strong will in the midst of chaos - a mind that could belong to that of the Keeper. It was far in the east sector, near where restricted areas would be usually constructed, firming the theory.

    As for Kill-Team Stinger, they would hit fast and hard near the primary communications relay, having discussed thoroughly that, that was the smartest target to hit. No army without proper chain of command and orders could operate efficiently. And the fortress was big enough that their vox-systems without receivers and amplifiers won't reach everyone at the same time anymore.

    And the time had come. The lights changed from green to red within the chambers of the Boarding Torpedoes, giving them a 10 second countdown before they were launched. Each Kill-Team struck exactly where they intended. And so the operation of 'Liberation Thebes' has begun.

    ~~ Kill-Team Breaking Lock ~~
    The Boarding Torpedo breached in a small storage room, enough for all 6 Astartes to deploy, it had only one door. Once all of them had regrouped and secured the room, having made sure there was no enemy, they were free to move. Narok created a nav point on the Team's HUD and there were two routes to it:

    #1 - Straight out the room, out left, straight, to the elevator and moving two decks down.
    #2 - Straight out the room, keep moving straight, take the staircase near the armory two decks down.

    All other ways would take far too long, or would be too risky too take, considering Codex tactics and common sense.


    ~~ Kill-Team Stinger ~~
    Having the agenda of complete annihilation, the Kill-Team intended to deploy inside of an artechamber, but through a miscalculation or other effects of space, they instead burst right into a smaller, emptied hangar. Yeveri's Auspex revealed and relayed on his Kill-Teams HUDs that a squad of Sons of Guilliman were in the same room they just crashed into, when the torpedo broke through. With their Bolters raised, they formed a half-circle around the torpedo, awaiting the boarders to come out.


    OOC: Please put on top of your post 'Kill-Team <your team name here>' to make it easier for everyone to follow your guys actions, please also make it a habit to tag people you interact with or are near your character; especially if using your vox-system.
  2. DeranVendar DeranVendar Subordinate

    < Kill-Team Stinger >
    Harvom would be one of the first out. Combat shield strapped to his arm the Space Wolf had opted to enter battle in his carapace, trusting that once they got past any initial combat the ability to stalk properly would come in handy. After all a watch fortress was as much an urban jungle as a hive city in its own ways. When at last they were exposed to the enemy and their bolters Scout Clawtaker would pounce towards the edge of their torpedo to make room for the others to disgorge from within while he locked shield up in front of himself. Crouched down to have as much of his body covered as possible, Harvom would poke his bolter around shield's side with one hand, loosing several chains of mass reactive brass into the enemy positions in an attempt to suppress, if not outright kill. The hunt was just beginning, and now was not the time to go all out.

    "Break through these traitors and let us vacate the area immediately. Once we've cleaned house I can start working out a path forward."
    Uriel1339, BadDo9, Keidivh and 3 others like this.
  3. Keidivh Keidivh Well-Known Member

    ~~ Kill-Team Stinger ~~
    Behind the scout, Zuriel emerged immediately, Judicium in hand, eager to seek out the blood of the Traitors that are so close. Wasting no time, the Viceroy immediately began charging headlong into the line of kinslayers. "Rejoice Traitors, your judgement is at hand. Embrace the Emperor's Peace!" No words need be spoken to his team now. What he said should be all that needed to be heard. These kinslayers deserved nothing else but the Emperor's Peace, and he would show this through example. Besides, such a forceful assault should throw off the firing line, allowing his team to form up without suffering from truly concentrated fire. The suppressing shots from Havrom were helpful.

    When he was close, the Sanguine Templar launched himself into the air, spinning his Glaive towards the kinslayers. "By our Blood, His Will is Done!"
  4. < Kill-Team Stinger >
    @DeranVendar @Keidivh
    Yeveri had studied his auspex readings and relayed what was found to his brother's own HUDs. Single squad, surrounding them. There were no words needed, not yet. The Salamander hefted his flamer and, once the Scout burst out and fired, Vulkan's son stepped forwards. He watched as their Chaplain charged forwards and took position next to the scout, leveling his flamer at the center traitor. He couldn't get a clear shot on him, but smirked. He made use of his helmets automatic friendly-fire controls and swept his flamer over the entire line of traitors, getting them all in one burst - while making sure that their chaplain would not be visited by the wrath of Vulkan's promethium.
  5. Fox Vulpas Well-Known Member

    ~~ Kill-Team Breaking Lock ~~

    Narok was one of the first out The Librarian taking a defenses Stance his bolt pistol was raised as his eyes surged for targets, As he did this he began focusing his powers on concealing him and his brothers when they exited, "
    "It seems we are clear of enemies for the moment." Narok said .

    "From the briefing and my memories we have to either go by a elevator or go passed the armory. Either way presents a advantage armory likely having sons of Guilliman heading towards it but a critical target, While the elevator may bring us faster to our objective and possibly may make for a small distraction if we get on top of the elevator instead of in it." Narok commented to his brothers through there secured vox channel as he gave his own assessment of the situation.
  6. High Adept Zeth High_Adept_Zeth Arkhona Vanguard

    < Kill-Team Breaking Lock >


    Right behind the Librarian, Hesiod stomped out, immediately attentive to the smallest detail of the chamber they found themsleves in. Approaching the doors, he worked on getting them open, while surveying the new data uploaded to them by Narok.

    Crossreferencing it with schemata of the fortress, he nodded absently:
    "Indeed. If the traitors havent moved the furniture around, the second navpoint does lead us close to the armory. I know speed and stealth is of the essence, but it might be prudent to take the armory and sabotage it. If the things go for the worse, our brothers will surely appreciate it."
  7. < Kill-team Stinger >
    @BadDo9

    Fourth from the boarding torpedo Viserys had his combat shield held before him, his bolt pistol in his other hand. Just as the Space Wolf had done Viserys opened fire although he was going for kill-shots instead of mere suppression, stepping around Yeviri and moving towards Zuriel.
    Uriel1339, Keidivh, BadDo9 and 3 others like this.
  8. Kal Kalle Arkhona Vanguard

    Kill-Team Breaking Lock @bossaroo @WanderingJester @Vulpas @Xaphen @High_Adept_Zeth

    "Agreed," the Flesh Tearer rasped through the Vox. "The elevators could be deactivated if they are monitoring them," he opined. The Devastator lugged his heavy bolter into the room, taking up position in one corner to make space for himself and his massive ammo pack. Even so, the Astartes' green lenses were turned towards the door ahead of them in silent deliberation. "I move that we seize or destroy the Armory and deny them any asset to counter our attack," he concluded.
    Uriel1339, Keidivh, BadDo9 and 4 others like this.
  9. KnightReborned WanderingJester Well-Known Member

    < Kill-Team Breaking Lock >

    Orochi Mizakune popped his helmet on as soon as they climbed on board the boarding torpedo and getting locked into one of the forward safety cages. The helmet's top was shaped as one of the reed hats used back on Edo by the inhabitants there, covering the visor, but with the technology of the Adeptus Mechanicus on Kyoto, blocked none of his visages. When the cage lowered and locked him into place, the Ronin leaned on it before closing his eyes. Had any of his battle brothers listened closely during the launch and flight of the torpedo, they would've heard a low wheeze from the Ronin's deep breathing.

    As soon as the torpedo slammed into the captured station, Orochi's eyes opened, and a few moments later the cage released their grip on him. Stretching his arms slightly just before the drill portion of the torpedo opened, he grabbed the Nobitsura Kage from its sheath and drew it. The blue glow emanated from the sword as it flowed in between the fragments of the power katana and the Ronin stepped out of the torpedo, expecting a welcoming party. To his surprise and slight disappointment, none met them.

    As his battle brothers joined him, Orochi turned to them and nodded. "Armory sounds like the better option here. Brother Librarian is right. They could very well just trap us on the elevator by disabling it, then lob a few grenades down to finish us off. Besides," he looked around the group, between the techmarine and Devastator, and a smile appeared behind his helmet, "anyone got any explosives? If not we can use any we find in the armory. We can set a nice little trap in there, blast the entire room into the void for anyone entering after us."
  10. Uriel1339 Uriel1339 Lord of Posts

    ~~ Kill-Team Breaking Lock (Retrieve the Key | Save the Keeper) ~~
    @bossaroo - Fidel Martinez - Crimson Fist - Apothecary
    @WanderingJester - Orochi Mizakune - Ronin - Assault Marine
    @Kalle - Kleos - Flesh Tearer - Devastator
    @Vulpas - Narok Lightningfang - Avenging Fox - Librarian
    @Xaphen - Lichas Mega - Omega Marine - Assault Marine
    @High_Adept_Zeth - Hesiod - Blood Angel - Techmarine

    Hesiod as a well-trained and even more experienced Techmarine had no problems with the door. It was merely locked from a routine lock, not a deadlock. In which case he might have required to burn through it.

    Narok's powers did in fact take an effect, all of the Astartes could feel almost like a cloak over them. But to each other they seemed looking as normal, they had to trust into their Codicer's abilities whether they in fact were cloaked or not. And furthermore, whether an enemy psyker was on-board or not, capable of piercing his shroud.

    With the door unlocked, the group was ready to make their advance to either path. And soon after the buzz of the Techmarine's tools died down, the echoing of mag-boots on the steel floor could be heard outside. It was easy to tell that they were 5 pair of boots - 5 Astartes, from the rhythm of the feet hitting the floor. They would pass them, heading towards the armory, in roughly a minute.


    ~~ Kill-Team Stinger (Maximum Destruction & Distraction) ~~
    @Tamu - Goreparan Minkar - Minotaur - Apothecary
    @Avenging-Angel - Viserys - Blood Angel - Assault Marine
    @BadDo9 - Yeveri Ta'Shan - Salamander - Tactical
    @Keidivh - Zuriel Drathus - Sanguine Templar - Viceroy (Chaplain)
    @Valonox - Galen Amadaus Morgain - Novamarine - Devastator
    @DeranVendar - Harvom Clawtaker - Space Wolf - Scout

    "Hit the Lockdown, they are here as predicted! Get into cover and don't let them get away! By the Warmasters name we will defend this stronghold!" The Sergeant roared, marked with a skull on his helmet. One of the Astartes immediately started to run towards the main exit, the squad having their bolters raised and picking their individual targets, letting the hail of shells rain.

    Yeveri did focus on the Sergeant in the center which might have been smart in a regular situation, but their loyalties were high with their commanding officer, and three Astartes opened fire on the Salamander, covering him in fire of their own as his promethium merged their flesh and armor, cooking them probably from the inside, too.

    Other Astartes further outside on the formation went into cover behind some crates, due to the Space Wolf's fire, moving them out of range of the Salamander's flamethrower and spreading them further to make it harder for the Melee Marines to move into range while not exposing themselves.

    Zuriel was the first to feel the drawback of formation change as he had to pursue his target. But additional to that, seeing the skull-mask of a chaplain caused either fear or they realized that they had to use typical demoralizing tactics and opened fire upon him. But none of them had a steady enough hand to actually make a significant hit. Nonetheless the rain of steel was covering him.

    Then there came two grenades, thrown at Viserys and Harvom the moment one of the Astartes fell at the combined Bolt Pistol fire of both, first blood having spilled. Each Astartes managed to dive to the sides, further into the hangar just in time - Galen however was covered in shrapnel of the grenades. His Heavy Bolter had a shard stuck in it's side, and his pauldron he used to shield himself from significant damage looking like the back of a hedgehog. Goreparan was right behind him, spared from the grenades.

    Zuriel at last managed to get into melee range, with a single swing of his Glaive an arm was removed from the Astartes to the far left. His foe screamed in agony, in a trained reflex he reached for his combat knife, but before he even could thrust it towards, the second arm was slapped away with the lower side of the Glaive, just before the Sanguine Templar spun around and removed the head of his target.

    And so the second casualty amidst the enemy has occurred within moments from the first. With eight more traitors to slay, although one of them was running.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page