Background Image

Death Watch By Deran Ooc Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by DeranVendar, Feb 10, 2015.

1. DeranVendar DeranVendar Subordinate

Decided to finally make this since the conversation was a touch old and bound to get full one day so, please toss all your non-immediate post related OOC questions here or feel free to just bullshit and what not. For interested parties looking to join I'll have a proper description up and a few relevant pieces of information sometime today, though at this time new characters won't be added until casualties wrack up or for a few missions yet.

Important stuff for you interested nerds:
    This is a PnP-Lite system, lite being the key word in that it's mostly dice rolls and a few things that I all manage. Combat and other important actions are handled on a D20 roll with the higher numbers meaning greater success.

I do not post rolls in every post, I might comment if folks did really poorly or exceptionally well such as multiple rolls of 1 for a massive critical failure or vice versa with multiple 20s. Sometimes I do abuse GM fiat to do the following: Kill off inactive/problem players. Make awesome moments a touch more awesome. give someone having a string of shitty roles a better day or just to make things more interesting.

Gming wise I avoid rail roading where possible and generally my players are allowed to do what they will within reason with the expected consequences of those actions. I may at times hint or fast forward but overall I've a very loose idea for each mission and let things develop from there rather than crafting a large linear story. Always open to suggestions and feedback so if something isn't quite working we'll drop it and find something more interesting.

It is worth noting that based on how I run things lore can be stretched/bent/toyed around with but never anything too drastic, at least in my opinion, and I'm willing to work with players who wish to do such to a certain degree. If you're looking for a pure/golden/110% lore friendly Death Watch experience that isn't tainted in anyway then I suggest looking elsewhere. Also worth noting I like to inject bits and bobs of comedy and references that can range from subtle to heavy handed, it just depends on my mood so if anything fourth wall grates you that might strike the raw nerve.

Finally for you new to roleplaying/Warhammer 40k/Spess mehrens don't be afraid to ask about joining. We're a relatively friendly lot here and as long as you're willing to put in a bit of effort learning we're glad to work with you in turn, plenty of resources abound to give you a crash course in what you'd like to know.

With this updated I'll be working on a second coverage post handling the roll system/traits/character creation at some stage but don't let that stop you from expressing interest now as none of it is exactly rocket science and can be explained in several seconds of typing on my part.

Quick and Easy Character Sheet:
    Name:
    Chapter:
    Class:
    Equipment:
    Description/History: Not mandatory but highly recommended.

Everyone gets: Power Armor, (may opt to wear Scout Carapace Armor as desired), Bolt Pistol and a Combat Knife to start.
    Vlayden, Vanestus, Valonox and 6 others like this.
  2. Uriel1339 Uriel1339 Lord of Posts

Every Astartes learns how to ride a bike and drive a Rhino during scout training, don't forget that.

EDIT: Didn't see the OOC link :p

EDIT #2: Transferred post!
  3. Skarboy Skarboy Well-Known Member

Let it be known that this White Scar will gain a Dao pattern power sword at some point and will follow in the footsteps of the Khagan. Also. Xin is driving. Hold his beer.
    Jorimel and DeranVendar like this.
  4. Skarboy Skarboy Well-Known Member

Khagan was the title for Jaghatai. Essentially means "The Khan of Khans".
    Jorimel and DeranVendar like this.
  5. Uriel1339 Uriel1339 Lord of Posts

First DW without a Sanguinius or Russ child?
  6. Maybe next time ;)
  7. Uriel1339 Uriel1339 Lord of Posts

Well I have nothing against some change! :D
  8. HERETIC
  9. Uriel1339 Uriel1339 Lord of Posts

The Codex Astartes dictates to adapt to current situation :X