Background Image

Dear LSM.

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by Njord-Halfhand, Jul 30, 2017.

1. IIRC, convential LSM wisdom is crack the gates enough to let infantry through and bleed the walls until about... 5-8 minutes remaining? Then blow all ONE gate down, roll the vehicles in, and storm A with a vengeance.

@Talron did a good video on this
  2. Furst Blut Ne-Plus-Ultra Steam Early Access

About Fortress Maps. Breaking gates transfer half of current gate tickets. I don't know if directly capping A transfers full or half of gate tickets. But there was this one game where are squad manage to cap A without breaking and bleeding the gates early on, like the tickets was still 200+ after A cap. We manage to storm cap B easily since some of them are left in the walls, those in B didn't have time to get into positions properly and we outnumber them tad bit.

Also when defending Fortress and Hold the Line maps, when there are no tickets left in A but a minute and half time is only left and there are still numbers of allies in A, don't be afraid to reinforce A.
  3. UNLESS Someone still alive or more recently dead than you tells you NOT to reinforce the point. They may have just got pushed in and now you've burned a ticket dying to the attackers AND the time getting there could have been used getting set up to receive the next attacker wave.

Trust your Squad Leaders
  4. Furst Blut Ne-Plus-Ultra Steam Early Access

Or just check the map to see if they got pushed in. There was a game where we manage to hold it with 6 guys with proper healing. It's always kind of sad to see half people just staying in other point doing nothing when other half are still holding on when there's only less than a minute remaining.
  5. Heironymus Heironymus Subordinate

When in doubt, just do AV. You screw over the other team, and indirectly help yours.​
    0strum and Katzu_HSM like this.
  6. THIS.

Tons of XP, its a job that will keep you busy the entire game, you don't have to listen to bossy SLs, and you are doing the job that the Sly Marbos hate to do but absolutely need done.
  7. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

Even Svane Vulfbad and his great company realized Chaos was superior! Competent players, come to chaos.. we have cookies! (and the highest win-rates, because people live to win, instead of lone wolfing for killstacking).

Generally it's pointless to play LSM, because of the numbers you're bound to get mostly losses as the rates at which you encounter casual players that don't care about playing the game to win will be much higher etc etc, all the same old arguments. Even if the stats supplied by the devs show chaos as being the overall weakest faction, I'd still take win-rates over inherent faction strength. Absolute incompetence is much more annoying than being killed a bunch.
    ¯\_:CSMIron:_/¯
    Katzu_HSM likes this.
  8. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

I haven't touched my imperial characters for a while, and from my experience of the Chaos perspective over the past one or two months, it seems that the imperial marines are improving, while Chaos is getting slightly worse.
  9. If I had to guess, the Summer Sale & pre-Summer Sale new player waves finally got tired of LSM and are starting to 'branch out.'
    0strum likes this.
  10. WreathSC WreathSC Recruit

Well when one faction has the most inept players, it kind of kills it for anyone coming from Chaos or Eldar who want to make a legit character and try to progress.
    GBloodfang likes this.