Background Image

Dawn of War 3 - Confirmed!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by RustyRake, Jul 5, 2015.

1. JudgeBane JudgeBane Subordinate

I'd love it if they were the main villains of the game, I'd love a plot different from "space marines vs orks until chaos shows up, featuring eldar being smug dicks".

Of course it'll be Blood Ravens related but It'd be nice if they faced other people, like tau or dark eldar. They made tyranids the main bad guys of DoW2, so I hope they do something different again.
  2. Bladerunner Bladerunner777 Well-Known Member

Squats.
  3. JudgeBane JudgeBane Subordinate

Ratlings.
    Bladerunner777 likes this.
  4. Dark Knight Dark-Knight Nickname Change

5. Fox Vulpas Well-Known Member

Hoping they Do the blood ravens justice and give them some better lore and story that the community will like and give it good gameplay. Hoping They make it good like the original dawn of war series and give it some Company of hero's style maps. Please sega don't screw this one up.
    Blakklaw and Hell_Grunt like this.
  6. Gruk'Lok Blakk Klaw Blakklaw Arkhona Vanguard

[​IMG]

Spoiler Alert: Squats will be DLC and most different colour schemes will be DLC. They successfully tie Fantasy into 40K and Tau has a new unit called Tarellians. Hint hint, Lizardmen.
    Andy251 and Bladerunner777 like this.
  7. Serg Serg First Blood!

I will hope the DOW 3 will be more Total war like. No bases only tactical battles. But I think I'm not in the main group targeted by DOW.
  8. Mngwa Mngwa Well-Known Member

This!

I much prefer the way units moved and interacted with cover in DoW2 although DoW1 had its own good sides, but both of them are still very much the same thing.
    Base building (you still build in DoW2... even if it is only power generators), resource management, resource points, recruiting/upgrading units while they are in the battle (in DoW1, as far as constantly reinforcing without even having to go anywhere) that really took away from what I think a 40k RTS would better work as, which is actual unit preservation (not "Did everyone die except one guy from each squad? Good, reinforce!") as well as that thing from the tabletop, list building.

inb4 responses to what I wrote above...
    I still love both of the Dawn of War-games. And I know even some very enjoyable mods that I have played on both.
    Serg, Galen, Anvael and 1 other person like this.
  9. Thanks for the notification.
  10. Oh c'mon, PLEASE BE TRUE!!

I HUNGER FOR A NEW DAWN OF WAR!
    WITH AWESOME GAMEPLAY, CUTSCENES, AND VOICE ACTORS!
    MAKE THIS GAME OR THE GREAT DEVOURER WILL CONSUME YOUR NEGATIVE EMOTIONS!

Seriously, I have been waiting for a real, awesome, triple A 40k game since Dawn of War II: Retribution.
    Big-Snazz likes this.