Background Image

Dawn of War 3 - Confirmed!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by RustyRake, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Krakza Krakza Well-Known Member

You work at Relic?

Is this even a logical argument
  2. Kharn KharnVarus Eternal Battles Moderator

I don't work at relic but I did listen to what they kept saying about the game!

Yeah that argument about line units is very logical. Why wouldn't it be? You might aswell reskin starcraft units and don't see a difference, that's how non-40k gameplay feels.
  3. Sleepylion Sleepylion Well-Known Member

It doesnt' matter if DoW3 is good, polished, etc, the fans hate its guts because it's lost all of its identity as a DoW game. Look at Steamchart, it has roughly double the number of players of DoW2, 2 MONTHS from launch! DoW3 is as good as dead.
    Brother-Bardiel likes this.
  4. Krakza Krakza Well-Known Member

Why do you think I'm annoyed at most online 'critics' terrible arguments? "It's good but it's not what I want so it's bad"

Also for anyone interested
    https://www.dawnofwar.com/article/community-update-june-13-2017
  5. Xio Valency Xi0 Preacher

This should have been at launch, if they added things fans actually liked on release perhaps they wouldn't be so angry, perhaps they should have kept it hidden and released it next year, they could have announced when ever and they chose to do so with something so barebones

I for one am not buying this until last stand and/or a DoW2 style progression is added to a single player story, I'm guessing the Necron game will function like Dark Crusade did for one, that's a good chance to fix things, Oh well at least I have Total War Warhammer 2 to look forward too
  6. Caentyr Caentyr Subordinate

Just read the article.

Must say that it's starting to take care of some of the problems the game had. It's not out of the tunnel, but it's on the right track.

Annihilation mode is a YES! That right off the bat makes me change my mind about this being a completely shitty game.

Another thing that I liked is the addition of build able tactical turrets. Now I don't have to play like a tau player.
    GREAT!

However I still want some things from the game before I buy it like an idiot.

New factions.

A small price drop. (Im not going at it for 60, maybe 30-40.)

I want elites that are characters to have a generic version of that hero. (So rather than having Gabriel angelos, give me a skin of just a generic chapter master I can use for custom matches. Gabriel angelos would never wear say........a white scar uniform.)

I want the current cover system scrapped.

This among some other things.

That said, way to go SEGA!
  7. This game could be saved with a real mod support
    Caentyr likes this.