Background Image

Dawn of War 3 - Confirmed!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by RustyRake, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Imperator5 Imperator5 Well-Known Member

Would be good if they could do that, but I'm sceptical.
  2. well i am highly skeptical about that
    the Game is based on a variety of heroes for play style, implementing weapon, armor, war gear and ability customization would break the value of heroes and general play style of the game(imagine both angelos and diomedees having very similar damage attributes, ability and play styles, not really a bad idea if you think about it, but at this stage of the game it would mean remapping the system and mechanic of a released and a "complete"(there words not mine) game)

but i am talking about this in the general game play prospective, last stand in DoW2 was focused on a individual hero unit rather than the commander units in MP mod, that's where we hit another bump , building a last stand mod with the way we want(you, me, average 40k guy) could mean(depending on what we specifically want) making a mod that's completely different from the base game.
    (again not really a bad thing, but considering the design of base game to be Moba "stylish" (not Moba) and Esport focused, making the last stand similar to DoW2 is basically WoW/Dota all over again )

but hey, it depends on what the developers and publishers want and what they focus on (which could be 1 or more out of lot of factors)

(sorry for the lot of brackets)
  3. Thresh Phelan_Stonewolf Well-Known Member

I think if Last Stand should return, trying to force it into how DoW3 works now probably isn't the way to go. Mostly cause what made Last Stand possible was how 2 worked, and 3 has changed significantly. I almost wish someone would make a stand alone Last Stand game and really blow the doors off what they had in DoW2. More commanders to use and more wargear, maps like that they had and maybe some other twists to give you some variety in how you want to approach playing Co-op with your buddies. Having multiple era of unit skins/types would be pretty cool long term, as well.

As for Dawn of War 3, I just wish we'd get some inkling of what the DLC is going to be. Relic is going to have to pull a monkey out of their ports in order to put Dawn of War 3 on better footing considering how many of their changes to the formula didn't pan out well, and it's going to be tough to swallow having to pay even more money on top of a mediocre game just to make it suck less when we've already dropped 60 bucks on it.
  4. Eagle 11 Eagle_11 Well-Known Member

Somehow whenever i watched an gameplay vid of this game having toughts of warcraft3.
    An total conversion could work probably, but depends on how far moddable it is.
  5. Viktor Aramorae TheWarpsmith Well-Known Member

So far the workshop is mostly map mods so I'm not sure how much the game's mechanics and models can be tweaked yet
  6. Eagle 11 Eagle_11 Well-Known Member

If can define your own elites to be used with your own setting then should definitely be possible. (outside of the obvious IP problem)
  7. Gungazzam Choure Subordinate

So Dawn of War 3 got a very *EC like* patch.

Tons of buffs on Space Marine Tacticals, Tons of nerfs on pretty much all eldar units, Orks are barely changed.
  8. First time Relic nerfed Eldar since they started making 40k games.
  9. Kharn KharnVarus Eternal Battles Moderator

Ironically it's dying faster than EC
    Brother-Bardiel likes this.
  10. Xeltan Xeltan Well-Known Member

>Dow3 playing right now 2222 players
    >Ec right now 890
    Shut up kharn.
    Brother-Bardiel likes this.