Background Image

Dawn of War 3 - Confirmed!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by RustyRake, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Rusty Rake RustyRake First Blood!

german games mag 4players points out, that the domain dawnofwar3.com has recently (march 26th) been registered by SEGA: whois.com/whois/dawnofwar3.com and speculates it could be officially announced at this years gamescom. huge YAY!
  2. Domilyus Schlifer Prefectus

If it is true that it will come, i hope they do it justice.
  3. Kilrane Kilrane Moderator

Hope it is more like 1 than 2
  4. Rusty Rake RustyRake First Blood!

other way round here :)
  5. I've actually grown attached to DoW 2's mechanics, I just wish the maps weren't so cramped and more customization options.
  6. Hienz Hienz Cardinal

WE still do DOW matches 1+2 and some members play elite mod - all welcome
  7. JudgeBane JudgeBane Subordinate

I hope to see more races. Tau, necron, dark eldar and sisters of battle didn't get a shot at DoW2 like they did in DoW1.
  8. Hienz Hienz Cardinal

True, I would love to see more dark eldar in general!
  9. Bladerunner Bladerunner777 Well-Known Member

Yep.
    GreyLegion34 likes this.
  10. Gruk'Lok Blakk Klaw Blakklaw Arkhona Vanguard

Just please, Please don't do it like Dawn of War II.
    You can keep the Campaign from Dawn of War II, but please. Not Anything else, imo. Dawn of War I just felt so much better and so much more satisfying. Imo, I didn't even find Dawn of War II fun with mods. Heck, even Elite mod didn't do it for me.
    AFAIK it relied more on less units, but better individual unit progression and usage. One unit could do a whole lotta' things if used right. While in Dawn of War I you have to choice to make actuall huge armies clash. I mean, come on. 3 Squads of Tactical, A dreadnought, Predator and a Commander? That was ~Around the max in II.

Edit: They can bring back cover too, like they've done in all their newer games. That would be amazing to have, too.