Background Image

Dark Eldar

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Chono, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Chono Member

Dark Eldar is my favorite faction. I even had a TT army way back then. I think I liked the idea of being this swift striking force inspired by Mongol or Viking like tactics.

Dark Eldar would be one of the easiest factions to implement in EC. With their Eldar brethren already in the works, making the chaos version would be a simple step. Obviously new classes and weapons would have to be worked out but the majority of the framework would be there.

I truly hope that DE will be a playable faction as they are definitely who I would play as but they would also be an interesting PvE faction, who like the tyranids would raid factions causing discourse.

Anyone else playing Eldar just to wait for the Dark Eldar to come out?

children_of_thorns_attack_by_ameeeeba-d5ukoz3.jpg
    EventHorizon and Necroledo like this.
  2. Andraina Andraina Curator

There are, but the Dark Eldar fans would eviscerate you for even suggesting they have anything to do with Chaos. Also, the Dark kin have developed in entirely different ways from the Eldar of the Craftworlds. It's not that simple.
    Nether, Brujah and Iyan like this.
  3. Tarl68 TARL68 Arkhona Vanguard

yeah we're around, hiding amongst our craftworld cousins .... waiting
    TaylorAC likes this.
  4. Lol lololol0olol i love this line, Making the chaos version is simple, but you know you need to work from scratch with new classes and weapons.

K when you make a Full mode Warrior for the DE, talk, that includes voice acting, mocapping, animation, whatever "powers" you want them to make them different from guardians, Models(since they look different from guardians, most weapon possibilities, AND get GW approval for that alone, come talk about the simplicity involved to make it "Simple" Then include all the other DE units that do not look similair in anyway to any of the other units the Eldar have, you know the wyches, Wracks, Haemonculi, and reavers, then do all the beforementioned steps. You know Simple
    Philos likes this.
  5. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

i know a guy that work in 3D models not in videogame but for interior furnishing: he get sad everytime someone tell him "it's easy and fast is only a paint" because they needs tons of money (hardware, software) and time time and that are atatic models.
    Philos and BikerTroll like this.
  6. Tarl68 TARL68 Arkhona Vanguard

hells as a dark eldar fan myself ... I know all too well the problems getting them into EC would entail

and our biggest problem is that dark eldar arnt a very shooty faction
  7. if anything they are a PvE faction, for defense or some offense like stop a raiding party or go retrieve supplies the DE stole from supply ship or something

lol i know the feels, its not as easy as people thing, And thats just to get the Character looking like it should,

Not including getting the programming down perfectly, that right there is a monster of its own and takes just as much work as the modeling does, maybe more depending
  8. Chono Member

By easy I mean easier than say going from SM to Eldar. They could transfer some animation like the run, tumble etc. to the DE.

And by Chaos I was just referring the similarities between SM and CSM. Lore wise I know that DE tries to avoid contact with the warp as to prolong their lives.

While DE isn't as ranged based as other factions no reasons they can't be available in the game. Their Kabalite Warriors can support their more melee focused brothers and sisters.
    TaylorAC likes this.
  9. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

Well, they would save on the mo-capping and on the shard-weapons. Basic Kabalite Warriors wouldn't be a problem.

But they would still need to make all the models and vehicles and the rest of the weapons.
  10. Idk about DE hardcore lore, but dont the guardians of the Eldar more move gracefully then compared to the Warriors?
    and if they dont and they can use the base for everything except for the model which they would need to improve, and also the base weaponary the Warriors get over the guardians. The all other model and vechiles thing is really huge