Background Image

Dark Eldar Vs. Exodites: A Sub-faction Discussion

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Matobar, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Bran Redmaw Member

Currently reading and using the Iyanden codex, there is one nice bit of fluff where the Iyanden Craftworld is attacked by Orks. During the battle on the craftworld a web way gate opens up and the Dark Eldar rush to their cousins aid. No explanation given, but they do finish of the Orks and take any Ork survivors as slaves. Just as quickly as they appear, their gone again.
    My thoughts are that the Dark Eldar although have obvious similarities to Eldar, do fight very differently and have a completely different agenda. They deserve to be treated as a different faction in this game as much as they are within the TT game.
  2. Al'Chir Alchy Subordinate

Yep, fair enough. Just wanted to mention something, DE were never CE, in fact the DE are (culturally) the heirs of the eldar empire. The ones who went against the culture of the eldar empire are the CE who were a minority in the fallen empire. CE are nobody when stipulating what eldar should do or be.
    Asurael likes this.
  3. Pm713 Pm713 Subordinate

Technically they're both from the Old Empire but different parts. Exodites are the new guys here.
  4. Nostramo Born NostramoBorn Forum Beta Tester

Games workshop forgets a lot of armies for no reason ):
    Lost and the Damned, oh how I miss thee.

Great potential for lots of fun armies like the Sons of Sek or Blood Pact, but alas.

I want to see Dark Eldar eventually, more so than Exodites :) I want to play a Mandrake and a Scourge very much, maybe even a basic Kabalite, because Kabalite armor is very spiky. Very shiny. I like.
  5. Samtheman FreedomFighter Active Member

Greetings brothers and sisters, be it Dark Eldar, Craftworld Eldar or Exodites we shall all stand united, and our foes shall tremble before our might and crawl in fear beneath our feet. You are all my Kin and my Brethren.
    I shall gladly die for the sake of all of us, to honour our noble race, Isha be with us, my cousins.
    images.jpg
  6. Khaldam Active Member

The Exodiets dont have a codex, even I (an eldar fan) didnt really heard much about them. And theri are a little lame, they practicly look te same as Craftworld Eldar, but have a dinosaurus instad of vehicals basicly so... now there shouldnt be included to THE DARK Eldar becuse their are totaly difrent from them.
  7. Quothe Quothe Subordinate

I'm sorry I can't resist it.... Do they have a cookbook?
    Bran Redmaw likes this.
  8. Al'Chir Alchy Subordinate

Errr yes but CE were a minority. Most of the eldar that got eaten by She Who Thirsts were already DE or had already taken that path.
  9. Pm713 Pm713 Subordinate

True but still a part of it. I think a few come from Eldar who didn't turn "Dark" during the Fall.
  10. Al'Chir Alchy Subordinate

Maybe but inconsequential as it has been clearly stated throughout the lore that most eldar had become depraved and hedonistic.