Background Image

Dancing with Shield Bros, a Day's battle against OP Stormshields!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Krage, May 11, 2016.

1. Krage Krage Prefectus

This video was made from just over 2 hours of gameplay in a single sitting to show an average interaction against Storm Shield bearing Loyalist Marines.

Now while I main Chaos (Until Orks) when I solo play or PUG it up. That said, I must admit I cannot find the Storm Shield OP and considering what the item is I think lore wise it is infact Underpowered!

Perhaps I am lucky to fight opponents lagging out, or I am too slow to understand fear but I see them and I simply shift my tactics and bust out my knife or running shoes depending on the terrain, objectives, nearby friendlies/enemies, etc.

PS.

My favorite part is when a shield bro ended up kiting me as I became more aggressive for melee mayhem against their misbegotten kind :D

TLDR
    Praise the power knife!
  2. Cross RazielHellscream Arkhona Vanguard

It is amazing what adapting to a situation and class can do.
  3. Eliphas Ryanus Preacher

Kick > Knife/Bolter, get that kick in and laugh at the shield toting loyalists.
  4. CMDante CMDante Arkhona Vanguard

Always glad to see someone killing shieldbros. Maybe someday we can dispel this ridiculous thought that they are some unassailable bastion of pain that instantly murders anything with 20m of them.
    Harkus, Iyan and Krage like this.
  5. 1. That video doesn't prove anything. We can just as well make a video of a shieldbro wrecking whole squads and then use it to claim he's op.
    2. the guys you were up against seemed to act pretty dumb for the most part, also assuming you have a decent ping doesn't make it too hard to fight either MoN or SB 1 on 1 if you just land the first D-bash
    3. heavy attack stunlocking will be gone soon, so there goes your tactict

The SB isn't OP per se, but he's too agile and too offensive for the more defensive role he's supposed to fill.
    Strajder and Gib-Stomper like this.
  6. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

Its nice when the fates align, FPS is high, lag is low and heavy attack stunlock does its job.

Good job though. Takes quite an effort for Tactical to get the jump on JPA or MoN / Bro
    Krage and Galen like this.
  7. RuntKikka RuntKikka Well-Known Member

Wow, really bad players I mean who the hell runs from a knife wielding tactical? I laugh at all the dumb asses trying to knife me as I power through them with my Power Axe. Also, not one heavy attack from any of them which means they are RMB spamming dummies.

Not to mention your d-bash failed quite a few times but they were too stupid to capitalize on it.
  8. Valaron Valaron Arkhona Vanguard

Yeap, thats how easy to kill bad shielbros. Funniest thing is to see newb complaining in chat and cursing shield and how op it is, and when you suggest to him to use bash, he ask "what the hell is bash?".
    Harkus, Valrak, Krage and 2 others like this.
  9. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

if we can make a video with any class capable of wreaking whole squads only mean that the game is skill based and a good player can beat any class.
    Harkus and Krage like this.
  10. Sigvald Darthy Curator

Well yeah, but some have an easier time then others. I can murder entire squads with my Sorcerer, doesn't mean he's half functional most the time.
    Jova, Pathogen, roopevil and 5 others like this.