Background Image

Da Lead Belchas IS LEAVIN DIS MUDBALL!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thrakka, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rathael Rathael Arkhona Vanguard

• They have made changes to melee in the latest patch. Things are changing but they are subtle and go un-noticed for the most part. You have to check the patch notes on steam. There will be more to come of the following sort of changes:
    [​IMG]
    • I frankly have never seen the huge problem people seem to have with painboy. I play it most of the time I'm on Orks and it doesn't really feel any different to apothecary to me. It basically has a narthecium and a beacon, just like apothecaries do. Those two things are the primary function of the apothecary/painboy. If someone can provide some good arguments as to why it's a lot less powerful (other than the lack of a bolter), I'd be ready to accept this as an argument.
    • There is no Space Marine favoritism. The concept that any game developer would be biased to a particular aspect of their game is absurd. All game developers want their games to be as universally fair for all players as possible. Any perceived favoritism (subjective as it is) is completely unintentional and is a product of the balancing process, not a deliberate decision.
    Shame to see DLB go, really... but I'm quite disappointed in the reasoning. I can understand if you wanted the game to be more than it is, but justifying quitting with stuff like favoritism that doesn't exist and changes not being made when they are being made is just silly, really.
    Aidwell likes this.
  2. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

This will always be a thing though, and it is not bE's fault.

GW is notorious for having favourites, and bE can only get leeway for loadouts and cosmetics on said factions.

40k is just styled like that, LSM will always be the popular poster boy of 40k.
  3. Rathael Rathael Arkhona Vanguard

Cosmetically, yes. I'd definitely agree with that... and I find that to be very sad. I wish they'd work on increasing the cosmetic variance of the factions besides marines. There is so little to work with when it comes to Eldar.

Balance-wise in EC, there's no reason the factions can't be balanced, and I'm sure bE is constantly trying to work towards that goal.
  4. SakitPerut Steam Early Access

Ok, so-
  5. Rathael Rathael Arkhona Vanguard

That's literally it?

When I play painboy I do not miss the bolter. The pistol with poison is pretty powerful already, especially since it synergises extremely well with the poison on the painboy narth (whatever it's called).

And, as I mentioned before, gunning people down is not really the primary function of these classes. They have the same healing potential as far as I can tell, and that to me is the most important thing about the class.

Sure they are a little less effective at killing at long range, but is that it? I hardly consider that a large game-breaking problem that makes the painboy completely and utterly useless therefore worth quitting the game over
  6. Remo RemoSupremo Confessor

Orks have access to the best Pistols in the game.

So if you're looking for a good counter-argument, there it is.
  7. SakitPerut Steam Early Access

Because their heals are point-blank, as the dok is easy to destroy and they don't have medicae.
    To do so you really have to kill the current standing threats.
    What are you going to do run up to them and smack them? Plink out with the pistol to hurt, maybe kill a target before you run out of ammo?
    You basically had to have others carrying a lot more weight to protect you, instead of you supporting them.

Also sicky bomb is a joke.
  8. Khornatian Khornatian Steam Early Access

Adding to that: the Apothecary has access to a 30% damage reduction buff that turns him into THE tankiest support in the game while also giving him the option of spreading the buff to turn his fellow marines into THE tankiest combatants in the game. The Apothecary can also put on a 30% melee increase buff in case the meta changes. The Painboy only has access to an all-around inferior 30% melee lifesteal vial or a heal over time vial, the latter of which the Apothecary also has, though he would never have much of a reason to use it considering the absolutely superior alternatives he has access to.
    LordSloth likes this.
  9. 86Rowdy 86Rowdy Member

Not to mention the Servo Skull on top of all that. so combine all these buffs/debuffs together... I dont think any other faction can replicate those numbers.
  10. Delgear Steam Early Access

You will be missed thrakka we had some good dust ups.
    also to add as an lsm main i feel the following LSM gimmicks are busted ::
    servo skull
    Stalker bolter is still a magnum, please relate its snipe damage to scoping in for a few.
    dbash mercury pattern rifle or pistol.
    Grav gun variants being both excellent in melee solo and great at AV. since you can kite a melee days.
    Healing too stronk beacons need to keep downed players stable not revive them, and they need to not clear debuffs. any damage on them in the beacons area should be lowering their health. If you want the apoth to be able to res himself really bad give him a healing received bonus ... but i think LSM would be fine without it.
    ------------------------------------------------
    doesn't mean i don't see some things working stupidly bad and UP on LSM but in relation to this topic i gotta say we have some stuff that needs reigning in.

and if you want metagame and game mechanics ideas devs im always here and always willing to help.
    Khornatian and Thrakka like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.