Background Image

d becouse is till belive it is a nice and game with future more FUn please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruititadiogo, May 11, 2017.

1. Mauf DrMauf Subordinate

Not only that. Another problem was the way in which things were "balanced" with balance meaning "effectively removed from game", leading to often very narrow Metas. If you think about it, almost every "balancing" act was over the top hamfisted, one extreme into the other. A clear symptom of balancing happening by a spreadsheet instead of the devs actually pouring some thought into what they do.

What didn't kill this game was the try-hards. What made them a problem was the small player pool so you ran into them way too often. A pug stomp isn't a bad thing per se. It's a problem if it happens 4-5 times in a row to the same people. That is not the tryhards fault though.
  2. DavyBoy CuCulainn Curator

3. Krayt Krayt Preacher

That thread s title tho
  4. This
    How many times have I seen people talking about the exact DPS or whatever of a weapon on here when something is clearly broken....
    Nope. They were still a problem. No one enjoys being helpless in a game like EC.
    That's the same logic as blasting thriugh a red light and saying the problem was that the light was on red... Bit extreme but same logic
  5. Leroy Twizzlers DemonKingBAAL Steam Early Access

the game made players like that a problem, not the players themselves. i didn't ask to be put against the same players over and over and to crush them like i did, the game was/is just too small, and i personally am not going to "go easy" because several crybabies are complaining about losing hard.

"helpless in a game like EC", it's a multiplayer game lol. every game, or even a sport in general will always have an elite group/player out of a sample size of people. people who ignore this notion and expect nothing but smooth sailing against other humans in a multiplayer scenario are somewhere beyond ignorant and naive.
  6. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Must multiplayer games have a system separating the morons from the normal people from the elite.
    And thats all usually separated from the actual pro's if e-sports is involved.
    This game has not.
    This game has nothing thats expected from a game nowadays.

Like I said this games biggest mistake was to not make an environment where the bronzies could play.
    So they all left.
    Because people play games for enjoyment not frustration.

Also the fact half the world cant play the game because the servers suck ass also did not help.
    And the melee rebalance probably was the final nail in the coffin for allot of the ppl left at that point.
    I've had so many ppl just give up fighting and letting me kill them after that patch that I my self finally gave up..
    I find no joy in seal clubbing.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  7. Lucius Vinicius JojoKasei Arkhona Vanguard

While I do believe the community is to a large degree at fault (not exclusivey, mind you, but it wasn't the smallest factor by a long shot), I also have to agree that from a certain point onwards EC had 2 demographics: New players and players who stuck with the game. And while the latter have a spectrum of skill, in general they knew the game, where what was, how to do what, and they were usually organised. Even under the assumption that the skill (as if such could be accurately quantified, but let's entertain that thought for a moment) between a new player and a veteran player was the same, the latter would have a huge advantage from knowledge alone. Also, since the game is and always was more fun when played together, players who stick around are often enough in a guild.
    So we had people with no experience in EC versus people with a lot of just that. And not much inbetween.
    There have always been people who helped new players, but there have also been entire threads of headbutting over this and that, because people had different points of view.
    Those factors combined made EC pretty hard to get into, I imagine. Therefore, player increase was low with a decent number of veteran players leaving over time.

To put this out here: In my personal opinion EC is not even a bad game. You can have fun and that's the baseline. Even more fun with friends. There were and are real problems, but in total it is decent. The biggest gripe is that everyone compares it to what is could have been and was supposed to be. This is understandable, I have done it (and occasionally still do), but that does more harm than good. There is nothing to be done in that department, we might as well enjoy what we have and give our best to embrace it for what it is. It IS a 40k multiplayer shooter, it IS not bad, it IS enjoyable, you CAN play with friends to enhance fun, there are some VERY good matches still to be had. It is like being promised a cake and getting butterbread instead. Sure, it wasn't what one signed up for or wanted, but that doesn't make the butterbread bad by default. Now I'm not saying it is the best butterbread around, but it still tastes good. The most lamentable thing is the low player count
    I'm obviously not a game critic and maybe too lenient for the tastes of some, but that is my opinion, and I have come to terms with the situation and find it agreeable in itself, when expressly NOT compared to the past long gone.