Background Image

Crowdfunding / kickstarter ressurection of EC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Djemo-SRB, Aug 16, 2018.

?

Would you spend additional money on a potential crowdfunding for EC?

1. I would

2. I might consider it, depending on how serious/impactful the additons are

3. No, i would not

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Emperor farted another warpstorm, engulfing Arkhona and trapping it in a time loop.
  2. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

Been said 1000 times by many different people,We all wanted Dbash,headshot,dead to go and suggested many good ways of fixing it.They chose to raise damage and take away ranged Dbash instead which nobody asked for,suggested or wanted.Also the "balancing" was not done on a weapon to weapon bases it was a blanket change that made things like the fist totally useless.It was done like that because they are lazy as fuck.
    Deathwish likes this.
  3. Oh, Powerfist is another good example of fail-balancing.
    What we wanted was no more homing-power attack for the fist.
    What we got was 1/2 not clang-able fist attack AND no homing fist

Why though? the P-Fist at the moment is quite a bad melee weapon
  4. Kharn KharnVarus Eternal Battles Moderator

I'd just remove the Dbash stun and make the dbash push the victim (one who's been dbashed) back, and the attacker (the dbasher) foward (UNLESS they're a ranged class) for a window of 1 melee hit. That way - if a melee class becomes the victim of a ranged class' dbash, they aren't hindered, but instead have to take a different approach and not get hit, OR use their pistol as they advance back in (or charge attack)

I mean, hey, as annoying as that sounds - its better than a stun and to be honest stuns are just one of the cheapest ways one can win an engagement. You know it's bad when you get stunned you have time to take your hands off the keyboard and mouse long enough to drink some coffee and then put them back in just in time for when you can do something again
  5. Kharn KharnVarus Eternal Battles Moderator

And it's Chaos' only elite. Which means chaos practically doesn't have an elite. And OFC Orks' is shit cause it's just meh, Eldar's is.... eh? Last time i checked it didnt really feel that special, and the LSM one is fucking great. But LSM UP i guess.
  6. The Chaos Elite :D that one never get's old

"What's worse then an elite with the worst melee weapon that he can't switch?"
    "All the above, but we take his pistol too!"
    Deathwish and KharnVarus like this.
  7. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

bE isn't going to get a singular broken dime out of me ever again.

There isn't many games I regret getting into, I have over 1100 hours invested into EC and well over 200 euro(I was naive enough to believe bE will actually deliver on the promises post release) for my founder pack and 2 copies for my friends who - surprisingly, stopped playing very quickly never to come back again.

I have also couple of dozens of refferrals who used my code, I do feel sorry for these people.

I got my fair share of fun from the game, met some nice people(sup myst), however bE made it damn sure I will cross out by default every single game signed up by them.

While game development can be a risky business and I do know it first hand, failures of such scales should not be just swept under the rug and forgotten.

I did enjoyed chatting with EC team on discord, contributed my bit into making EC what it is today(eldar power swords glow, that's on me), but bE as a company will never get anything from me.

I just wished the game had the plug pulled already so I can finally uninstall, move on and don't come back here.

I can't even think of another company I would have so much beef against other then blizzard for murdering warcraft lore and copy pasting SC1 into SC2 with minor modifications.