Background Image

Crowdfunding / kickstarter ressurection of EC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Djemo-SRB, Aug 16, 2018.

?

Would you spend additional money on a potential crowdfunding for EC?

1. I would

2. I might consider it, depending on how serious/impactful the additons are

3. No, i would not

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Nibs Nibs Active Member

Game mechanics that reward team play (Space Marines using unit cohesion):

+X damage mitigation, or healing done/received, or damage output per squad mate nearby
    +X xp when fighting near objective marked by squad leader (already exists in game)
    -Y to all of the above when acting like a lone wolf

Ork waaaagh-iness:
    all of the above, but only when moving forward towards the enemy and/or when surrounded by danger-close enemies
    Some kind of metric that auto-promotes the "best"/"toughest" player to squad leader every 30 seconds

Eldar
    Can see enemy waypoints on map, see enemy chat, hear enemy voice chat when within range

Khorne:
    +X damage output, -Y damage mitigation per second of combat, returning to neutral when out of combat for so many seconds
    No penalty for team killing (might encourage griefing though...)

Nurgle:
    Player suffers X disease damage per second, this DoT effect can be passed onto target when successfully hit. So not fighting will eventually kill the Nurgle CSM from their own disease DoT

No ideas for Slaanesh and Tzeentch as I'm meant to be doing my actual job at the moment :)
  2. You ever played the game?! Banners pretty much give those bonuses.

Also not getting a bonus is kinda equal to getting a malus (or in other words: if you get a malus when you don't get a bonus, you're never in a neutral state).

Honestly! Did you play the game? Khorne goes with melee primary which does no team damage already.
  3. *Sees long post*
    Must be Zael back at it again...
    *rm -rf / :*
  4. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

:p
  5. DoomJester DoomJester Arkhona Vanguard

I’ve a concept, what if we chain Nathan to a computer and all he can do is things related to EC and there he will remain until the end of days with no interaction....or anyone who has posted on here for the past 2 months, forever bound to EC, muwahahah. Actually, better yet, I’ll give them a ridiculous game idea and have them work on it, it’s single player ideally so even if it falls short you can at least play alone...hmm, taking the tyranids and changing them for the other races lol.
  6. DoomJester DoomJester Arkhona Vanguard

No idea, not overly dedicated to tracking people on the regular, I’ll leave that open to interpretation, and that latter part was more as a joke, doing something ridiculous just because, but I guess I should watch what I say regardless.