Background Image

Crowdfunding / kickstarter ressurection of EC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Djemo-SRB, Aug 16, 2018.

?

Would you spend additional money on a potential crowdfunding for EC?

1. I would

2. I might consider it, depending on how serious/impactful the additons are

3. No, i would not

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. WHY
  2. THEY CAN FIX IT
  3. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

The Codex Astartes is in lore basically the manual that makes Space Marines so good at teamwork. Accordingly, the Space Marine faction in EC should have some kind of unique game-mechanic or bonus that is about teamwork.

Khorne is not simply an item that gives you life-steal. Khorne is when you lose yourself in such a rage that you stop caring whom you kill. Khorne is when you kill your teammates in blind rage and get a reward for that.
    Tzeentch is not simply an item that replenishes your armour faster. Tzeentch is when you lie. Tzeentch is when you sacrifice your whole team for your personal advantage.
    Slaanesh is not simply an item that makes you run faster. Slaanesh is when more and more and more will never be enough. Slaanesh is a journey of excess, pleasure and excitement that ends when your body finally gives out and you die.
    Nurgle is not simply an item that makes you tougher. Nurgle is the pain and suffering that will never go away. Nurgle is pestilence, infection and corruption. Nurgle infects the flesh, the ground and the very mind.

The CSM faction in EC is just too sanitary.

Where in EC is the Ork-principle that the best fighter is automatically the leader of a group?
    Where in EC is the blind, bestial rage that drives an Ork forward during the Waaagh?
    Where is the unbridled joy of not giving a f**k, of doing something really, really stupid and surviving it anyways because Orkz are just tough?

Where in EC are the Eldar manipulating the other races?
    Where in EC is the ability of the Eldar to foresee troop-movements of opposing armies?

Take away the visuals and the names. What is there left to tell you that the four races come from WH40k?
    The four races in EC are basically Generic Faction version 1, Generic Faction version 2, Generic Faction tough version and Generic Faction glasscannon version.

Take for example Starcraft. Three races, and each has a unique playstyle with unique units, unique game-mechanics and unique strategies.

And rebalancing the game? There is no time for balancing the game! This is not Beta! This is a launched game that must function and that must keep players happy! They cannot afford to break their game even more on the off-chance that they will find out few a months later what the value for this or that new parameter should have been all along.

The maps are big enough for tank-battles. Just remove some of the debris that is intentionally blocking the roads and we can have massive tank-battles.

Nathan said in Summer 2017 that they have a half-finished tank-battle map. But who needs that when we can have yet another infantry-exclusive map with crappy, nonsensical building-designs that look like those fake plywood-buildings police use to train for urban shootouts.
  4. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Maps
    HA!
    Don't talk about maps.
    All the newish maps in this game are terrible.
    They suck more slong than Slaanesh on a friday night.

Map making 1 o 1 says:
    Even my 9 y old daughter understands this and she hasn't played more than animal farm on IOS.

Now look at our new map..
    No death zone around the spawn points.
    Various terrain features that makes it REALLY EFFING EZ MODE to just wait till some nub head spawns and than rofl stomp his ass back to the respawn screen right in his own respawn zone.
    Because that's how you keep people playing your game .. yup.
    And all the while there are unused parts of the map that to me clearly look like they have been put there to be the respawn zone.. nice and inclosed with various routes to the 3 points just add a death zone around it and you'd have the perfect spawn zone.

They even effing tested it .. I was there, I gave the feedback . I sad it sucked, other sad it sucked. and it still ended up going to live servers unchanged.

So whatever man .
    Its almost like they want this game to die.
  5. dafuq are you expecting a book to be used in the game just to match to lore? You just have too much fucking expectations, man no offense.

Even none of Dawn of War series had manual that a unique game-mechanic or bonus that is about teamwork.

So what? Just because Khorne rewards you to killing your teammates teamkilling should be okay? It's not the true 40k man, it's just a game. And games are way different than reality ya know.
    So just because Tzeentch is about lie there should be some RPG elements and when the game detects that you're going to selfish you should be rewarded?
    I don't know how could be implemented in the game. lol.
    So the game should have a pain meter? And I've heard that Nurgle Marines feel no pain so they die because no feeling of the bullet on the face.
    So we have Blight Grenade at least. Chaos itself is the corruption.

Even none of Dawn of War series had feeling of Chaos that Eternal Crusade has. At least officially. There is a mod that exactly works like Eternal Crusade but no lifesteal for Khorne imo.

lol you said it like any else 40k game had these.
    There is when they get shots to the head and still don't give a fuck about because they are just tough.
    Bro wtf do you want a game to see the future? Wtf is that actually? You're talking bullshit.

The different marks on the CSM is their mechanic. That is pretty tells that CSM is coming from 40k.
    Orks still talking Orkish, they are tough.

What kind of unique playstyle with unique units, unique game-mechanics and unique strategies?

Yes. There is always time for balancing the game! That doesn't matter. Even finished games being balanced all the time. You never read patch notes, do you? They can't? lol. You said it like people keep playing it. It's just a dead game. Even if it gets shut down nothing will change, it will get shut down in 2020 already.

I'm not talking about tank-battles. I was telling you why the tanks are so rare.

Btw why would someone want a tank-battle in a game where tank mechanics are so simple? Who shoots first he wins in tank-battle in Eternal Crusade. So it's no fun.
    Slong? What is a slong?

What does it mean? "Don't build spawn camp pup stomp maps"

What is death zone?

And yeah I hate no spawn point protection and spawn camping happens. Even on some useless place has restriction where spawns don't.
  6. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

A Slong is a small Xenos species that is a genetic variation of the species that is known under its latin name of Trouser Anguis.
    It's a parasitic creature that's known to be able to take over the mind of lesser developed humans.
    Some people even speculate that it's a smaller more parasitic variation of the Tyranid strain that also produced Old One Eye.

Also its prefered environment has been documented by Tech Priests of Mars to be a dark and damp space.
    In normal humans its mind control ability has been documented to be curable if a Sanctioned Psyker can project a mental image of the hosts naked grandmother straight into the victims frontal cortex.

Astartes Space Marines seem to be immune to its effects which has been speculated to be do to the Emperor's perfect biological design of his Astartes.

Here is a rare picture of one caught in the wild on the Imperial Argo World of Istaball VI.
  7. So what happens when you suck 'em?

Ooh, that is the meme you made for sexual action. ;D
  8. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

Easy: Give the LSMs something unique that has to do with teamwork.

The basic point of Chaos is that as a mortal follower you try to ascend to daemonhood or die trying. CSMs are bombastic assholes, consumed by their feelings of obsession, revenge and hatred.
    So, Yes, the CSM-faction should have something that awards a player for being selfish.

On the other hand, Orks are driven by a tribal mentality. The Ork-faction should have something that is about being a teamplayer and not being selfish.

And Eldar don't just launch themselves into suicidal attacks. They carefully pick their battles, bolstered by intelligence gathered through manipulation and prophecy.

If BE had actually cared about making the races unique, they would at least have tried to make them in accordance with lore.

Having different stats already counts as a game-mechanic?

If another game has a faction that speaks bad english and is tough, would that make them WH40k-Orks?

You talk about finetuning content that has been in the game forever. I talk about balancing a new feature that has never been tested in the large scale.
  9. No man. Your expectations is to use book to be used in the game just to match the lore. lol.

Nope. Just nope. It's a game not a movie nor a book. So a game never will be like 100% accurate to a lore especially if it's 40k. So no achievement to asshole Khornates who tk allies. They will rather get banned. Just because there's a lore that you can be selfish doesn't mean you can be so in the lore. And no encouraging to be selfish because it's a teamplaying game, not a solo game. And don't worry CSM do that die trying enough.

To do that CSM should be so much more op to don't need a teamplaying.

Like what?

Ofc, why not?

Yep, pretty.

wut just?
  10. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

Listen... If you want to troll on this forum, you have to step up your game. That shit is weak.
    Atsidas and Krayt like this.