Background Image

Crowdfunding / kickstarter ressurection of EC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Djemo-SRB, Aug 16, 2018.

?

Would you spend additional money on a potential crowdfunding for EC?

1. I would

2. I might consider it, depending on how serious/impactful the additons are

3. No, i would not

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

dude my family house can accommodate 5 cars i have to buy a land to park the other 7

and i don't like cars, but my dumb ass family who always bet and lose keep buying me cars ( i want a freaking imperial knight but no another car)

if Ruth Bader Ginsburg step down or die, trump appoint a new supreme court justice and the left will go crazy that's a new car (please no more cars)

pls don't buy a hammer buy a Humvee in intead
  2. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

the rest i do myself

I change the oil on all 3 of the cars I own myself.
    I don't need to pay a guy to do that basic shit.
    It's Not even expensive .. the oil you can buy literally at the action store or aldi.
    costs about 25 eu orso.

Simple maintenance like that doesn't require you to go into a garage and pay a guy to do it for you.
  3. Dark Knight Dark-Knight Nickname Change

Yeah but what happens if you accidentally drink the oil? Hence why it's best to get a professional involved with the proper safety equipment ;)
  4. -Only if ALL of the undelivered unique, exclusive items that Founders originally paid for finally get delivered.
    -Only if the aesthetics system is 100% totally overhauled. Current aesthetic options aren’t even scratching the surface of what GW and 40k has to offer.
    -Vehicle loadouts. Tracks, suspension, ammo type, main gun, extra armor, extra ammo, faster reload, longer range, acceleration or faster top speed, various turret traverse rates. There are hundreds if not thousands of potential customization options not being tapped into.
    -Vehicle skins.
    - “Pay to look cool” meaning just that. The forced, unwanted aesthetics that we see in EC is a broken and outdated concept. Gold and silver trim on our armor being forced is unacceptable.
    -Only if we truly see a virtual, semi open world environment with territory, resources, factories, fortresses exchanging hands.
    -World zones that are virtual territories that can be traveled from zone to zone like Planetside.
    -Only if the toxic state of community forums and the toxic in game behavior and all of the types of griefing stops. Dehumanizing someone because you simply disagree with them shouldn’t happen in any community. Certain guilds Tking individuals an entire match just because they can. Some guilds votekicking individuals they just don’t like just because they can. Only if all of this trashy, repulsive behavior is once and for all directly addressed by Behavior Interactive and properly policed. We report this stuff for years yet nothing gets done and the unacceptable behavior never changes.
    -Game modes and level design that properly represent aspects and recognizable events from the 40k universe. Count down timers in every single game mode we have now that count down to nothing is cheap and heartless game design.
    -squad leaders and inner squad synergy between the classes having the kind of impact that you’d expect to see a squad leader and squads to have in a 40k game.
    -squad leader/Sergeants/Veteran Sergeants as a playable end game class with special war gear, equipment and abilities designed to help the squad get around the battlefield and or assist the squad in taking or defending objectives
    -use the codices guys! There are a billion and one concepts for Faction specific, squad leader specific, and class specific special abilities.
    -total overhaul of the melee system for all classes.
    -stop vehicle griefing once and for all. This is lazy game development. Random Bozos stealing a squads vehicle and intentionally destroying those vehicles is unacceptable. Battlefield V is finally making their vehicle system “squad only” and vehicle access tied to the player that takes the time and effort to spawn the vehicle.
    -a complete overhaul or just totally scrapping the current Elite, Hero concept. All of the Heroes are just bad and a waste of a spawn. Elites should ONLY be available via requisition via in game currency or reputation that’s gained via game time. More than one life per elite for sure. Heroes should be Terminators, Captains, Terminator Captains, Warbosses, Warboss retinue, Dreadnaughts, etc. all Heroes Avail via Requisition or similar to how vehicles and Hero units work in Battlefield games. The only thing paid as far as Hero and Elites should be special skins for the Elites. The only way we spawn Elites should be by requisition that’s paid for by in game currency. This currency or reputation we would earn should ONLY be earned via time played. No PTW.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  5. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

the bike give me the bike

all map should be bigger

we don't need a planet side type game we need only one region

the buildings are small my bathroom is bigger

refinery

20180930165706_1.jpg
    20180930165614_1.jpg

prevent enemies from destroying silo mission
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  6. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

The devs have a half-finished project JUST LIKE THAT lying around. Nathan showed it in the last or second-to-last Twitch. But Jbregg thinks that making yet another map will finally do the trick.

Miguel called. He wants his ridiculous, unrealistic, overly ambitious vision for EC back.

I have personally come to the conclusion that the devs CANNOT implement complicated game-modes, because that would require underlying changes in the code that were never taken into account in the beginning. Mission-style game-modes would require a massive overhaul of the code.

Abilities also requires parameters in the code that represent these abilities. Anything more complicated than what we currently have, with auras and spells influencing character-stats, would require some serious coding that takes time and money.

The time for such massive changes is in Alpha.

That would be one of the best ways to bring EC back... If EC had devs who could make characters. It took them AGES to just deliver the four Elites they had originally promised. (And even then they switched the Eldar Ranger for something else.) When did the fourth one come out? Spring 2018?
  7. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

Not only does MWO have better maps thanEC, but have you seen the maps of the upcoming MW5? They are GORGEOUS! The maps of EC are absolute shit compared to that.

Just imagine a WH40k-game with the technology and game-features of MWO but the looks of WH40k.
    * NPC-dropships that fly and shoot
    * combat-drops onto the battlefield
    * NPC-turrets
    * a siege-mode more complex than throwing bodies at the wall
    * fog, rain, sandstorms
    * rivers and lakes
    * biomes of every shade
  8. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

9. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

they used to have better executions as well
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  10. MEGANOB MADNESS TheMadnesss Arkhona Vanguard

ohhhhhhhh fucking hell i loved those, they were long yeah BUT WE WANTED THEM LONG!