Background Image

Cover to low or Hitbox to high?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrDooManiC, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Whenever someone shoots at you, you should take cover if possible. But fact is, cover does little thing, your hitbox is too big (or the cover too small) so they can still shoot you. as you are stationary in cover, you also can not evade.

Is it inteded to only be harder to shoot enemys in cover, but not impossible? I was thining you should use grenades / plasma etc to get them
    (or shoot them when they peek out, trenchwar!)

What do you think?

Sidenode: Lot's of things you do in cover make you stand up. Im looking at you, Aspiring sorcerers -.-"
    Laanshor likes this.
  2. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

At least Aspiring Sorcerers can actually use cover, I wish I could say the same of the poor Devastators/Havocs.
    DrDooManiC likes this.
  3. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Theres something certainly off about low cover, i have continued to channel the SoC on enemies that ducked into cover innumerable times, the game just doesent register a break of the line of sight, so im assuming the hitbox is too big.

I kinda feel lame for doing it, but then i remember the Gods expect no mercy, and the good old cheer the CSM chant.

"Chaos will have blood, yours or theirs."
    DrMauf and DrDooManiC like this.
  4. Scales Neuroactive Arkhona Vanguard

yes, there are still several issues regarding cover, scoping in while behind a knee high wall for instance, will make you stand, and if you reload before exiting the scoped-in (whether it be las or stalker bolter) you will continue to stand behind the wall if and until you scope in and then back out, in which case you'll crouch back behind the wall again.

But at least you can jump sideways whilst behind a wall or braced.
    It'll be fixed along with everything else in due time.
  5. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

Yeah I'll second this (or 5th it). I died to a braced HB while crouched in cover on an opposing walkway on Peg. Just chipped me down over about 10s.

Does seem the hitbox is too high, it could only have been the character's backpack that was visible and that doesn't seem quite right.