Background Image

Computer killing bug

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by Abatos, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Abatos Abatos Subordinate

I can't find a bug report section anywhere so I'm just gonna post here. If this can be forwarded to whoever needs to know about it that would excellent.

While playing as a storm boy on the first grim dark map my computer crashed. My screen went black and then had 'no signal' from the monitor. My computer fan started to go turbo speed so I decided to manually shut down the computer. I started it up again, got back into the game, got my storm boy out again on the same map and the computer crashed again in the same manner. Now the computer won't boot at all and I think the graphics card is fried. Fortunately the computer is under warranty so getting it fixed shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

If you could fix this bug as quickly as possible that would be greatly appreciated. I don't want other people to have their computers die on them.

Thank you for your time, Abatos.
  2. Meatball Meatball Steam Early Access

Well, a software bug, for intense and apocalyptic it may be, should not fry your computer in that manner afaik, unless you had a defective product and the defect started emerge now.
  3. you should try another somewhat "new" game and see if the same happens
    sounds more like hardware problems to me

bug reports go here
    bug report
    Abatos and Meatball like this.
  4. Abatos Abatos Subordinate

I can't try a new game to test if it happens again because my computer will not boot anymore. Thanks for the bug report link though.
  5. since your screen displayed "no singnal" i think your GraCard got killed
    ...or maybe you just kicked at the cable which conects PC with screen?
    maybe check that first ^^
  6. Ecios Ecios Active Member

Diz game killin' computerz! U hear dat shit??? DAAAAAAAAAAaaaamn!
  7. Abatos Abatos Subordinate

I checked the cable, that wasn't the problem. It's likely a graphics card issue. Thanks for your help though.
  8. pinky EternalPink First Blood!

I had something very similar when I switched from a ATI R270X to a Nvidia GTX 1080 which I have traced to either...

1. Windows update automatically re-installing ATI drivers for reasons unknown after I ran the ATI utility software to remove ATI drivers due to switch
    2. Lose power connection on the newly installed 1080

Since after turning off windows update for graphic devices and removing the ATI drivers it had re-installed and then opening up the PC and re-connecting everything the problem has gone away

The reason I mention it is when my game died in EC before resolving it by doing the above it seems to have messed with my BIOS settings as when I rebooted after the EC crash I was getting the "insert system media etc" message and after checking in the BIOS why it wasn't booting the boot order had been amended

Still wondering how that happened as the BIOS shouldn't be messed with by software but as it was so easily fixed by setting it to boot from my C: drive again I've not spent to much time trying to figure it out
  9. Abatos Abatos Subordinate

Just a quick follow up. It seems a wifi chip in the computer is broken, causing it to blue screen. I'm having the computer sent to the manufacturer for repairs which is covered by warranty but it will cost me 100 dollars to have my data backed up. I'm assuming the chip got overheated and malfunctioned, I guess these things happen. Thanks for all your help guys. :)
    KharnVarus likes this.