Background Image

Community's Discord for workshop and content

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Krayt, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Come on the discord if you have questions its easyer ^^
    BnCodex likes this.
  2. [WCA] Krataniel Kiwik Steam Early Access

I would gladly join and help as best I can, but...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the workshop supposed to be limited to skins and cosmetic items at first?
    I don't mean to stop anyone from working on a map ora new model, but it may be better to focus on those at first, to make the most of the Workshop when it comes out, and to switch to bigger projects later on, don't you guys think?
    Corie likes this.
  3. Our understanding is that so long as the model fits with existing assets it's a skin. If you tried an entirely new weapon, that would be a problem.

Maps would just take more testing; in UAT.
    Kiwik likes this.
  4. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Some people dont like/dont know how to do modeling so they do something else , everyone does whatever he wants until bE finally decides to speak to us
  5. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

Put a hold on maps, we've been told they won't be able to implement that anytime soon and its just cosmetics for starters, probably for a looooong time.
    XRuinX likes this.
  6. [WCA] Krataniel Kiwik Steam Early Access

Sure, if people want to work on something else it's fine. But I still think we should make it clearer for the newcomers what is preferable and what is not. Not to force anyone to do stuff they don't like, just a reminder to focus the efforts of the community.

I can imagine a modder working for hours on a model or a map, just to find out that it was all for naught since it's only cosmetics for now.
    Plus, more skins and cosmetics when the workshop is released means more content foe the devs, and potentially more people coming back to the game :) It's a matter of efficiency imo
    XRuinX likes this.
  7. Krayt Krayt Preacher

I will not ask anything to anyone, they do whatever they want , when @Oveur gives us a real list of what can/cant be done then i will pin it on the discord , until then everyone do what he wants , we already have 7-8 modelers working right now so dont worry we will have content
  8. [WCA] Krataniel Kiwik Steam Early Access

I get it, and as I said, it's not about asking anything...More like giving advice to those who want to heed it. ;)
  9. Mpak Mpak Steam Early Access

Does anyone have information about the size limits of polygons and the size of models?
    Corie likes this.
  10. Have you used Umodel/UEView yet on the .pak?

You are able to pull out the existing models, then use ActorX script to get them into 3ds Max(trial of full version) - export as .fbx for Unreal Engine.

http://www.gildor.org/projects/unactorx