Background Image

Community Maps

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Krayt, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Hello fellow brethrens ,i was borred today so i began working on a fortress type map.
    The concept of the map is pretty simple :
    Its a fortress inside a mountain (like in Space wolf books).
    The idea here is to spawn as attackers , rush the ennemy with tanks , destroy the gates , get inside the walls , blow everything up , destroy the mountain's fortress gate , dismount , rush inside the mountain like spacewolf would do

I know a lot of people wanted this kind of map and i decided to make it now because i can't wait more for workshop and i need to do something now !

So here is what i got quickly : ( the little grey marine near the doors give you an idea of the scale )
    [​IMG]
    (dont look at the textures )

So now i need your suggestions about what you guys want this map to evolve :
    -Suggestions on what to put before the bridge
    -What to put inside the fortress/outside the mountain (lets call that shit A point)
    -Changing the A point ? Actual walls? Less possibility for defenders to defend since the point of the map is taking the inside of the mountain and not staying 1h outside? Quadcanons? ( i actually hate the walls as they are right now but love the golden aquila door :3)
    -trenches before the bridge ?
    (btw the doors are opened to allow me to go throught but the will be closed when ingame)

All critisism is welcome !

I will do the inside of the mountain when the outside is finished

/////////////////////////

Edit: If you have some suggestions for other maps tell me , idk if our playerbase will allow us to play this map so i will do others too
    CuCulainn, Bugz, Sumshine and 7 others like this.
  2. Safreadis Safreadis Arkhona Vanguard

I may be jumping to very strong extents, but what about trying to link two existing maps? like for instance Olipsis and Blackbolt?
    Great job tho! Keep it up!!!
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  3. Krayt Krayt Preacher

I was thiinking about making the inside like the spacehulks from deathwing , multiple narrow corridors leading to Huge areas like cathedreals
  4. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Unreal engine 4 , and yes
  5. LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  6. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

maybe they should make inside the base battle, like deathwing ez fast all u need is corridor or like x com games

u already have all the asset

u don't need to make a freaking mountain

or like warframe (inside building battle guys)

if u want an exp

zedek the last cap area make it big( u know that the imperial army like big stuff)
    PVE map but different outline or area

Map:
    Power plant station
    Imperial spaceport
    Imperial armory( u know orks like to loot)
    Supply base

anyway what classification planet is Arkhona?
  7. Safreadis Safreadis Arkhona Vanguard

"Lost imperial world/dead world" I believe, for it was inhabited, but several large scale wars mostly destroyed its infrastructures, safe for the remote one, or the ones too vital to be destroyed, like refineries...
    There "shouldn't" be any kind of Eldar structures, safe perhaps for a few webway gates, nor should there be too many orks structures since they just came on the planet.

Or am I mistaken?
    ProteusVM likes this.
  8. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

Correct, this is an Imperial world.
  9. DoomJester DoomJester Arkhona Vanguard

What if.......corridor maps, ok that sounds nightmarish, but it’d be an interesting twist, also test the ability of people to aim past friendly.
    As to actual contribution, still would love to see burnt down, husks of hab blocks. They could work here as well. That said, would prefer them in a more level area and larger area.

So I’ll have to opt for large structure, take the building in Blackbolt at Charlie, I think, closest to defense, and make it larger and more intricate, not necessarily harkon or whatever size, but large enough to fit a gaggle.
  10. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

so its an imperial world that mean( what kind of world)

>agriworld
    >industrial
    >ship building
    > stock depot
    >recruitment
    > heavy armor ( machine world)
    > hive world
    > fortress (legion world)
    > shrine
    > outpost

all worlds in warhammer 40k have classification