Background Image

[Community] A question regarding Steam Event Announcements and you!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Katzu_HSM, Jan 30, 2018.

?

How many event announcements is too many from a single group per week?

1. No Announcements! What, do you think I want to KNOW things?!?

2. 1 per week with an overview of every event is fine.

3. 2 per week, one for mid-week activities and 1 for weekend activities.

4. An announcement per event! I want to see the community in motion!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. How many of you get event announcements from various Steam groups? If you don't mind me asking, how many do you feel is too many to receive from a single game/group per week?
  2. Tell me everything
  3. I get 4 per event from one group and 0 from another, though we are trying to change that, on both fronts.

I post now on one group and set it up as an alert so that players know we are going into the Saturday Campaign. I'm also trying to persuade one of our leaders that asking recruits join the steam group as part of their recruitment process is also a good idea as it will help to get new people involved in what we do as a guild.

However you should only really need two alerts to go out per event, 4 is overkill imho and 0 is the total opposite end of the spectrum. In other words, whats the point in having a Steam group for your guild, having players join it, and not give out alerts to upcoming events. Also whoever runs the official EC steam group should do some sort of alert, for upcoming patches, campaigns, tests etc, it takes all of 5 minutes to set it up.