Background Image

Closed Beta

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GitzStompa, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Gideon S3dition Preacher

95% of beta testers join for bragging rights and to get a head start on everyone else. The result is shredded NDA's and a major bitch fest about how the game isn't perfect yet.
    fatrat, Korlandrill and HAXTC like this.
  2. Azurose Azurose Member

Why dont we all assume this game will come out 2020 and when it does come out 2015 or 2016 we will super happy and surprised that its so early!
  3. ashlander Subordinate

Man if I could apply that kinda logic to my every day life I'd be the happiest person alive.
  4. Freakbeast hyroyuy Subordinate

that's the problem and rage that i run into... people bitch about how many bugs there are and how bad the game is... it makes me sad that people don't know what a closed/open beta is for. one person in my community found a couple of major bugs in the rift alpha/closed beta. it made me happy that people actually do what they are supposed to do in them.
  5. GitzStompa GitzStompa Subordinate

While it's good to have discussion about the matter at hand, this thread wasn't really made for it. It was made for one purpose only- To get a confirmation from a possible game dev/other staff member about the beta date. If you'd like to continue the discussion about closed/open beta and how they affect the game etc, please do it in another thread. Please.
  6. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

confirmation? few hours ago all the dev on an official AMA say closed early 2015 open late 2015. Older new have no value. And in the next month also this calendar will change the game is in early stage dev can't give you accurate date. But remember on the modern MMO open beta it's similar to a soft lauch, closed will be probally open for early buyer. so in alomst a year EC will be playable
  7. GitzStompa GitzStompa Subordinate

I see your point, but saying "Older news have no value" isn't really they way to go. Besides, I'm not looking a specific date. I understand that things change but it would help greatly if there was a post that confirmed that the beta is indeed in 2015, and not 2014 as numerous interviews with Caron have stated. This might just be a human error or a solid fact. I'm not sure, so therefore I ask. I don't see anything wrong with that mate.
    Besides, only Caron confirmed that it was set to 2015.
  8. Gideon S3dition Preacher

I'd also like to point out that you're simply looking for a yes/no answer, and our banter on this will not change the answer or prevent the developers from responding. In fact, such a question could have been handled through a PM. We're just making good use of the space provided :)
  9. Krake Hakula Arkhona Vanguard

Now the question is... who can join open beta.
    What will the perks be if you can join the beta test. But honestly I have to say that the betas I personally have joined have been playing and less testing.

And if you discover something and try to test whats going on then people start to whine about it that why aren't I playing.
  10. Can't agree more, I gets annoyed when testing to see majority abuse the privilege, Then complain about a sub par product they had the opportunity to improve. Or when I would cop abuse from others while testing, as I am somehow holding them up from phat lootz or something while I am trying to retry a sequence to identify a bug.

Stress testing is different but can always be done a week before launch.