Background Image

Client Performance Hive-mind thread - to change our basic configs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oveur, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Zora Marsk Kommyboigh New Member

I tried lowering my graphics to the lowest settings, following the steps here http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/temporary-fps-solution.50043/ , and changing the setting that only connects to servers in Northern Virginia (I live on the East Coast of the USA) and my FPS still hover between 3 and 9 FPS.

Is there a way I can raise them to a point where every moment I'm in combat isn't a slow-motion slideshow of me getting killed? No amount of playing will help me improve when I can't move at the pace with players who don't have this problem.

Specs:
    64-bit OS, x64-based processor, 3.40 GHz, 8 GB of RAM
    Name, Manufaturer, and Chip Type: NVIDIA GeForce GT 520
    DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Type: Full Display Device
    Approx. Total Memory: 6077 MB
    Display Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Moniter: Generic PnP Moniter

Is it possible to fix the FPS to double-digits above 8 FPS with my specs? Or would I need to wait until I have enough money to buy a new computer?
  2. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

You should try the new DirectX10 option, with the new low preset in the latest patch. That's the most recent and best performing combination on old systems, which yours is.

What type of processor is it? And how much video memory?
    Sumshine likes this.
  3. Dharchaon81 Dharchaon81 Arkhona Vanguard

Is it possible to save the graphic settings (DX10), while changing the start option back to UE4-setting?
    There is a slight difference and re-setting everytime stopped me from try-out more,
    but like this option very much.

Thx.
  4. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

Yeah, you can create your customer startup parameters, it's in this thread. In Steam you can add manually to the regular startup -d3d10 for DirectX 10, -useallavailablecores if you have more than 2 PHYSICAL cores (4 physical cores is 8 logical). There are more options listed here and it might be worthwhile checking what's the latest in PUBG since they have 10 million players trying to make the client perform.
    Gashmangla likes this.
  5. Why isn't direct x 10 and 9 a toggle in the graphics settings ? Also, when are you going to fix the lighting issues with DX10 ? It is so horribly dark which is not worth taking over increased performance.
  6. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

1. It's a startup parameter and not a fully supported option. That's why you choose it on startup. Civ VI does this as well.
    2. Unreal Engine doesn't support DirectX 9. It's 15 years old.
    3. Lighting issues with DirectX 10. They won't be fixed. See 1. DirectX 10 uses Shader Model 4, so there is no simple fix to this. DirectX 10 is a fallback version for old hardware that handles DirectX 11 but does it badly.
    Doomness1000 likes this.
  7. Thank you for the reply! Yes, I noticed there was a new startup option in steam just after posting this. Sad to hear that unreal engine doesn't offer backward compatibility for older rigs. Speaking of DX, can I add DX11 via the launch options in steam ?
  8. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

Sure, but we default to DX11 when starting up normally. There are other flags you might want to try in this thread though.
  9. Deathwish Deathwish Well-Known Member

would someone mind terribly screenshotting their Steam "Set Launch Options" gump so I can see exactly what I'm supposed to type in the box? Ive read thru the list like useallavailablecores and some others but I dont notice any difference in performance. I think I may be doing it wrong. If not, my new tower cant get here soon enough. thanks