Background Image

Client Performance Hive-mind thread - to change our basic configs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oveur, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Delta_Ace Gunzy Menial

@Oveur Forgot to use this to get your attention
  2. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

We want to do that, there is a task somewhere ...
  3. Antheus Fiendly Confessor

I can't say anymore which one it is but if you go in the .ini, just change the value of sg.TextureQuality or sg.EffectsQuality.

One of these - I like to think it's Effects but I couldn't swear on it - will make all the players go BLING BLING for you, probably 1 won't change it, but 2 should.
  4. pinky EternalPink First Blood!

As a suggestion instead of hoping the user is competent enough to adjust there settings accordingly, have a setting menu like we have in Dawn of War 2 that had an auto detect and then a test mode
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You do have a link on the steam page to can I run it and while running that will tell you if you meet the min or recommended spec's that doesn't really give you any guidance on what you should set, according to Can I Run it my GPU is...
    Your graphics card ranks in the 99th percentile.
    Out of 1,864,875 NVIDIA graphics card tests, your graphics card is more powerful than 1,847,582.

But whether that means I should be on high or ultra etc no clue
  5. Delta_Ace Gunzy Menial

Ill give them a try
  6. Konoko Konok0 Arch-Cardinal

Brightness 0.2-2.0 LOL

Catnium and Firskon like this.
  7. ghoul mondragon Recruit

To me seems like the performance bottleneck is on video memory management.
    My videoboard runs ultra config very well but the 1024mb can stuck the FPS when textures start to load and unload on the midst of battle.

This is an screenshot that I took finishing an match, loading to another one:
    [​IMG]

Seems this thing is always on the background flooding the v-ram with unnecessary textures and stuff.

Maybe if the splash screen get full purged, enemies and common effects locked... I don't know... optimisation... I mean... this game can run under 1024 mb from map to map in ultra low settings with some tweaks.. we don't need all that stuff on the sky and horizon, we need FPS and stability.

Attached Files:

8. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

This is one of the things that isn't handled properly and you're spot on. The Unreal Engine updates after our current version (4.12) improved texture streaming a lot, which is what you're describing.

Splash screen doesn't remain during a match of course. So if you have low VRAM, you will be streaming texture in and out of memory.
    mondragon likes this.
  9. Is there any relation to the performance issues in EC and the issues with Ark: Survival evolved? They are both UE4 games that seem to struggle without heavy modification even when the user has a solid machine.
    Corie likes this.
  10. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

Yes, and PUBG as well. The new Low and Medium settings were aggregated from all games to find settings in common that all worked for increasing performance.