Background Image

Children Of Slaanesh, Scream Your Praises Here!

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by shinros, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Noctifer Noctifer Well-Known Member

Love that picture! (Though must admit, I still wish so much that they didn't have those claws.. All I can ever imagine is that someone early on was making a joke about slaanesh having crabs, and it stuck)
    0SSIFRAGE likes this.
  2. Warmaster Nate Warmaster_Nate Well-Known Member

That's one of the better daemonette arts you'll find and it works well demonstrating the Eldar-like features they carry, such as the pointed ears and almond-shaped eyes.

Stand back. I'm going to use Heresy.

[​IMG]

Also from the same aforementioned Tome. There was a great piece of art from the back of the Dark Heresy 1st edition book but I just can't find it.
  3. shinros shinros Subordinate

Nate I like that picture too when I first saw it in my tome of excess my mouth dropped. What is happening in that picture looks really painful but the slaanesh heretic female? I think, makes the guy enjoy it in a twisted fashion.

Actually I think they can control the forms of their hands considering in the book you see pictures of daemonettes with crab claws and normal hands. Plus if you look at the chariot of slaanesh on the GW website she has normal hands wielding two whips.

Plus in the chaos daemon codex there is a whip weapon for slaanesh HQ's to use. Plus lets not forget daemonettes like changing their form to seduce people. I think we just see them with claws most of the time since they use them to inflict pleasure and pain and we normally see them in battle most of the time. When tempting mortals I think they use normal hands or a mix.

Like not all daemonettes have only one breast some have several some have one or none at all. In liber chaotica it says they all look slightly different from each other some had clawed feet some had hooves. (like the forge world keeper) To him they had female like faces and bodies. The book said they either look different/shapeshift depending on how one views them or there might actually be male or female daemonettes. I more leaning towards that they change form to suit the viewer going by other lore information and codex's.

Funny enough I realized that GW(new chaos daemons codex) and other books like tome of excess is using the forge world keeper of secrets instead of the old one for the new artwork. Heck even warhammer online used the forge world keeper to represent N'kari(shakes fist at the daemon prince recton)I like this change considering GW's keeper of secrets is kinda bad. I could see slaanesh making the GW keeper if she is pissed off or angry and wants something dead in a horrible and painful fashion than corrupted.

If it comes to corruption, pleasure and spreading pain or in general making a keeper I think she creates a keeper to look more like the forge world one. Since a keepers form is based on slaanesh's mood at the time. I mean going by the description I don't know how anyone would drop on their knee's to worship and lust over it like it says in the description. Since in the lore of 40k in some cultures they are viewed as fertility gods. The GW one does not even look like strange/tempting/lustful monster like the daemonettes. While the forge world one does, well enough ranting from me I think I made my point.
    Noctifer likes this.
  4. Jarl Crovax Lord_Crovax Arkhona Vanguard

my Slaanesh daemons picture...

Attached Files:

• 666.jpg
      666.jpg
      File size:
      550.4 KB
      Views:
    Warmaster Nate likes this.
  5. Noctifer Noctifer Well-Known Member

Oh very nice! Good job, can't wait to see more (should start a deviantart account :))
  6. Jarl Crovax Lord_Crovax Arkhona Vanguard

thanx a lot :) i'll think about it ;)
  7. Warmaster Nate Warmaster_Nate Well-Known Member

On the topic of art: Surprise Keeper of Secrets!

I linked to it instead because the Dark Prince's charges are quite NSFW on general principle. Plus, it's quite large.
    http://pw5.ru/images/pw5_ru/mjzty2/webuew-pw5_ru-hranitel-sekretov-avatar-hao.jpg

If you can pull up Crovax's without worry, then you can open this one too, I'm just trying to be considerate as it's not an attachment and the Dark Prince is...well..you know.

Good art nonetheless. I'm probably the only fellow in this thread rooting for Khaine.
    Noctifer and Bladerunner like this.
  8. Wyzilla Wyzilla Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I always wish they'd make a male version of the model, as masculine Keepers of Secrets do exist.
  9. Noctifer Noctifer Well-Known Member

Oh I love these, very nice! Moooore! :)
  10. shinros shinros Subordinate

Er well Wyzilla that looks like the GW's keeper of secrets and I think GW's keeper of secrets is intended to be "masculine" version. While the forge world created a more "feminine" keeper of secrets that has been in my opinion added to canon as a valid look. Since there is official artwork of the forge world one in the recent chaos daemons codex and black crusade roleplay game.

Well anyway even if a keeper has either more masculine or feminine features slaanesh daemons are hermaphroditic/androgynous and they change/use glamor in order to corrupt the person they are interested in. The slaanesh daemon that has a common look are daemonettes they are described to have female like bodies and faces with only one breast yet they are also still hermaphroditic/androgynous. While a keepers look depends on slaanesh's mood or his/her desire at the moment.

This is what daemonettes look like in warhammer online in all descriptions it says they look beautiful and terrifying. I think this best represents them when they are trying to corrupt someone when not fighting/glamor foes during battles. I mean looking at it yeah it looks femaleish but then it kinda does not.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/snowowl/Art/Daemonette.jpg

Warhammer online also added this version to the game as well. Keeps with the same style but now they look well... scary keeping the beautiful/horrifying theme. They still got their crazy glamor powers to make you jump into their arms anyway to be slowly torn to shreds and you would enjoy it too. So I assume they use the first shape that I linked above to draw you in or to make you embrace them. After they just about to kill you they show the scary face to freak the ever living delights out of you. They would most likely enjoy the expression you make if they flashed that face at you. :D

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100410141120/warhammeronline/images/a/a1/Daemonette_cx.jpg

I think they should aim for the tome of excess cover/warhammer online look if daemonettes are added to the game as playable characters or summons for CSM.

Well back to what I was saying about keepers. :p Anyway you don't want a keeper to be interested in you if you are not a slaanesh follower since in some of their descriptions it says they whisk people away if they are promising. It says this in tome of excess for black crusade.

"The most promising are taken into the tender embrace of the Daemon and brought back to Slaanesh’s realm, where they receive attentions of which few mortals ever dream."(Yikes)

In the previous chaos daemon codex there is a quote by someone who was corrupted(I assume they were corrupted going by the quote) by a keeper.

"It granted me all that I desired; but took from me all that I valued. I would give anything to look upon its beauty again."

Personally I would never would want to meet a slaanesh daemon since going by all of their descriptions they enjoy killing and torture but it seems they enjoy corrupting the pure a lot more. They normally go into detail on how they turn pure hearted people into slaves of sensation mockeries of their old selves. Now that is something I would dread to meet in real life.

Eh I always try to keep my posts short but they all end up turning into huge posts >_<.
    Noctifer and Warmaster Nate like this.