Background Image

Cheddar, Cheddar Everywhere

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Fangz, May 7, 2017.

1. k
  2. Sigvald Darthy Curator

Is this a joke?

No actually, is this a joke? who in the UNIVERSE thinks the power fist is a strong weapon right now when it not only can be interrupted, but now had interruption windows added to it's fast attacks. Are you sure you aren't just getting hit occasionally through Dbash like...pretty much every other melee weapon?

Go, complain about the Necrotic Chainsword instead, that's the actual chaos meta at the moment.
    Cyborg_Dragon likes this.
  3. Fangz Fangz Confessor

Did you read? I'm saying it can't be interrupted even when using countering actions.
    Yes fist fast attack being interrupted by knife fast attack is pretty dumb, but my point is when you dbash a fist fast attack or quick attack a heavy-charging fist, it doesn't stop their actions.
    I did mention the nec chainsword by the way, a little down the replies.
  4. Sigvald Darthy Curator

Yes I read it, and immediately thought it was ridiculous. Even it occasionally doing that is effectively useless in the current ranged meta, especially because I have dbashed a fist which tells me it's basically got the same inconsistency that every other melee weapon is. Maybe slightly(?) worse in dbash consistency but accusing it of being cheese, especially after the fast attack nerf, is sheer madness.

So insane in fact that i'm not entirely sure you're an actual person and not some hallucination caused by a gas leak in the house.

Edit: Also the second one i'v never actually noticed, i'v been able to fast attack through power fists easily enough, did you fast late to clang into it?
  5. Fangz Fangz Confessor

Except it is noticeable and I am seeing a sudden flux in fist users.
    And call the fire department if you think you got a leak; stop replying to the forums.
  6. Sigvald Darthy Curator

I'v noticed the exact opposite, i'v never seen anyone but *me* use a fist in the last two weeks since meltabombs exist.

Also you don't tell me what to do Chocolate Easter Bunny, i'm a strong independent Chaos Space Marine and I do what I want.
  7. Fangz Fangz Confessor

We may have bunny ears but we are green not chocolate. At least the most of us.
    Could be a time zone thing, I have seen almost all Traitor Assaults go fist the past two nights.
    Nec chain is now (still) more of a Raptor weapon.
  8. Sigvald Darthy Curator

That is...bizarre? because there's no reason to do that, the fist in it's current state just seems like a decent AV weapon for me but that's about it, if you want to kill people there's the boltgun.

In fact many Chaos players say the Possessed is actively gimped by it having a power fist mandatory.
  9. Fangz Fangz Confessor

Hmm. Could be because I'm protecting rhinos so I get like 3 fists in my face all the time.
    But then again, as you said, usually people just go melta so it felt off seeing so many fists.

As for the possessed, I am really upset it doesn't have a claw/pincer/tentacle arm. It's a simple model change, and they could just give it a fist-based animation but faster, I don't think it's that hard. But that's besides the point.
  10. Sigvald Darthy Curator

Possibly yeah, my power fist is 'lazy anti vehicle' for me, when I don't want to bother with the lascannon I redeploy fist and just punch it around. As far as the possessed goes i'm still not sure how to feel with it...

300 hp, 300 armor, 4 pips of stamina, and 150 toughness, no side arm and locked into a fist but those are some crazy stats. It is, certainly, more useful then the locked kommando, especially compared to just having a stealth slugga nob.